cp_tangerine

CP cp_tangerine a3FIX

freedom

L3: Member
Jan 14, 2017
cp_tangerine - It's like a decent map.

5cp TANGERINE
Welcome to Tangerine! As you may have guessed, this map resembles orange. But only by name and gamemode. I wanted to imitate what made Orange good but eventually just made a map nothing like it!View attachment 90148

Aug 26, 2016
Too many boxes at mid, try some geometry instead.

Second is way too out of the way. It took me forever to find it since the map leads me to last instead.

Second is also almost completely empty.

Last is too small and way too close to spawn.

Forward spawn needs a one way door and should be to the side more.

Your usage of props is too erratic, generous, and frequently unnecessary.

freedom

Jan 14, 2017
Too many boxes at mid, try some geometry instead.

Second is way too out of the way. It took me forever to find it since the map leads me to last instead.

Second is also almost completely empty.

Last is too small and way too close to spawn.

Forward spawn needs a one way door and should be to the side more.

Your usage of props is too erratic, generous, and frequently unnecessary.
Thank you for the feedback! I've so far eradicated all of the crates at mid, plan to completely restart 2nd, move forward spawn to inside of the tunnel, and am working on reducing my usage of props. I will also figure out how to modify last and it's related spawn to not cause any "exploits". Again, thank you very much for feedback. I am not great at making maps and all feedback I can get is nearly gold to me.

freedom

Jan 14, 2017
  • Sent all the crates at mid to their intended destinations (Australia)
  • Nuked 2nd and put something better in its place (thank you for feedback Stack Man)
  • Last doesn't mean murder the enemy spawn anymore (thank you for feedback Stack Man)
  • Removed the clusterfuck that is the hallways between Tunnel, Last, and second.
  • New buildings at mid to break up the monotony
  • Moved rails at mid away from mid itself to the new buildings in order to "increase safety in the outer areas"
  • Stuck a light under mid so you don't need night vision.
  • Doors at that weird tunnel nobody really uses so Snipers aren't OP there.
  • Opened up one of the doors at last to make everyone happier
  • Discarded the pickup trucks at forward spawn, turned the lights on on the other vehicles.
  • Made it easier to hit your head in one of the tunnels
  • Forward spawns have doors now! Yay!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Aug 26, 2016
This map still suffers from poor flow. When a player caps mid, they are led more so to last than 2nd.

Second is still boring. Add some height variation. Add buildings that are more than just solid rectangles. Have somewhere for a defense to be made. Have interesting cover. Have somewhere to flank, and for goodness sake, don't just put the point alone in the corner! Last is better, but also needs to be a bit larger and grander.

I drew up what I thought would make for better flow, but the design is still completely up to you.
Ti8Jsl8.png

Let's start from the bottom up.

• The new buildings are okay, but they should be lower, and made more accessible to classes other than soldiers and demos with some sort of proper path. Think like the buildings at mid on cp_sunshine.
  • The doors you added to break the sightline are only a mediocre band-aid solution. It doesn't have to be like how I drew, but simply changing the geometry of the pathway is enough to break it up.
  • Paths! more paths to 2nd! Right now, there's only one (and it's very cramped at that).
  • A wall. Prevents players from accidentally going to last instead of 2nd.
  • 2nd is a good place to put the forward spawn. Most maps do this.
  • A more centralized point is more interesting. A small building or in the open, you decide how it goes, but don't put it in that weird small corner.
  • Paths to last, to break up the points a bit more. You don't have to restrict yourself to that small area.
  • Last. Not big enough, not grand enough, etc.

freedom

Jan 14, 2017
Well, alot of stuff changed that I can barely remember. Longest 19 days of my life. Heres everything I can remember:
  • Quite a bit more real textures
  • More optimization
  • Messed around with vent and side tunnels
  • Totally re-did 2nd and last
  • Mid slightly changed
  • Forward spawns above ground now
  • It's brighter!
And anything past that I can not remember.

Read the rest of this update entry...

freedom

Jan 14, 2017
This map still suffers from poor flow. When a player caps mid, they are led more so to last than 2nd.

Second is still boring. Add some height variation. Add buildings that are more than just solid rectangles. Have somewhere for a defense to be made. Have interesting cover. Have somewhere to flank, and for goodness sake, don't just put the point alone in the corner! Last is better, but also needs to be a bit larger and grander.

I drew up what I thought would make for better flow, but the design is still completely up to you.
Ti8Jsl8.png

Let's start from the bottom up.

• The new buildings are okay, but they should be lower, and made more accessible to classes other than soldiers and demos with some sort of proper path. Think like the buildings at mid on cp_sunshine.
  • The doors you added to break the sightline are only a mediocre band-aid solution. It doesn't have to be like how I drew, but simply changing the geometry of the pathway is enough to break it up.
  • Paths! more paths to 2nd! Right now, there's only one (and it's very cramped at that).
  • A wall. Prevents players from accidentally going to last instead of 2nd.
  • 2nd is a good place to put the forward spawn. Most maps do this.
  • A more centralized point is more interesting. A small building or in the open, you decide how it goes, but don't put it in that weird small corner.
  • Paths to last, to break up the points a bit more. You don't have to restrict yourself to that small area.
  • Last. Not big enough, not grand enough, etc.
Check the new update, took in alot of your suggestions.

freedom

Jan 14, 2017
woop woop it's nearly time for tangerine except it looks like dustbowl and shares probably 10 brushes with this version oh boy