cp_stock

CP cp_stock a3b

b1gl4ke

L2: Junior Member
May 25, 2014
cp_stock_a1 - Alpha of my first map aimed at competitive 6v6

My first map. A 5 cp map aimed at competitive 6v6 balance.

1. prepare the map for pugs
2. given feedback, improve layout and scaling
3. everything else (including redoing all textures)

zwNGh5V.jpg

P6fPU5Z.jpg

IeNt0uz.jpg

gAqMXMD.jpg

Last edited:

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
This doesn't look too bad, I would love to play this on one the the gamedays. They are usually hosted on Fridays and Saturdays, which you submit your map and it gets tested by a bunch of people. Idk when the next one is, but they usually announce them on the steam group.

b1gl4ke

May 25, 2014
OH yeah health and amo kits. I knew I forgot something.

"fix the forward spawn order" - done
"i don't understand this door/entrance at all, or this sign" - sign is to block scout from double jumping from second to the side entrance on mid (I don't really know of a better way to deny a scout from doing that), the entrance acts as 1 of 2 ways you can drop down from the walkway, its just a drop down entrance that isn't wrapped in walls as well as an entrance for a jumping demo/soldier between second and mid (you can still do it with the winger, that is fine)
"this area is a dead end" - Yes! that is the purpose (the same side entrance as above)
"study some official maps, you got all the logic going p much but the actual design could be better" - I don't know what "actual design" means
"really confusing what way you're meant to go" - non issue at the moment
"can i have some healthkits" - YES

Overall it looks like last, second, and the area between them need rescaling. Thank you for the pug. Seeing 12 players on the map really helped give me an idea of what areas are too big.

One last note: I plan on making mid into part of a warehouse, hence the name stock. Mid looks nothing like a warehouse so as you can imagine the details of the map are nothing like what a final version would look like. Just working on scaling and layout right now.

Last edited:

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
I see you are making this for competitive 6's. You should totally get into contact with @phi , the creator of Sunshine, Reckoner, and many more, as she is basically an expert on 6's 5cp. You might also already know; but you should also post this on http://www.teamfortress.tv/ , and you can get some feedback from professional players.

b1gl4ke

May 25, 2014
I see you are making this for competitive 6's. You should totally get into contact with @phi , the creator of Sunshine, Reckoner, and many more, as she is basically an expert on 6's 5cp. You might also already know; but you should also post this on http://www.teamfortress.tv/ , and you can get some feedback from professional players.

Absolutely. Once I look over the feedback from the EU gameday I will do that.

e: Thank You to everyone that gave feedback, especially idoIon.

Last edited: