cp_steel timelapse video

Sub Hsif

L1: Registered
May 14, 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfQyWaqcJ2A"]YouTube - CP_Steel Timelapse Video[/ame]

Wasn't sure whether to lump this here or mapping discussion, I'm sure a moderator can move this if I guessed wrong. I also posted it on the steam tf2 forums but then it was unceremoniously dumped into the community content badlands where noone seems to wander!

This is a video I made showing all the various changes that steel went through from early betas to the "finished" product (b4, one before release). This was meant to be an early test video, sort of a proof of concept, then I when I reformatted my hard drive I forgot to back up that folder, and I had no desire to do it again. It's not the greatest video, there's a lot wrong with it (mainly the camera moving in every screenshot!) but hopefully it will serve the purpose to show the amount of work that went into creating cp_steel!

The pics range from test1 all the way through to b4. I pretty much dropped the project after finding out someone else was doing a rather more excellent version, but that sadly seems to have fallen by the wayside :(

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Interesting... makes me want to do one with Scoville.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wow I always wondered now that map was made! Could we get a hammer time lapse next. :p
That would look so much better. I started one with my map cp_pasture. Then my computer went and got a bloody virus (It wasn't my fault :rolleyes:) and I only managed to get the map file back :(

Great vid though

Jamini

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2008
I'm sure I speak for at least a few other novice mappers when I say that this video is one of the most encouraging things I have ever seen.

It makes me want to keep working, and improving upon, my own maps so much it's not funny. Thank you!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I wanted to periodicly save progress shots of pl_flint and how it has developed and why certain things changed, but i'm too lazy and work too fast in large sessions to record everything. A habit that is aweful for my uni work folders.

Gonna watch now. :)

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
That's pretty cool.

Your design methods are nice.