CP_Steel Prefab?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by JMaxchill, Apr 11, 2015.

1. JMaxchill

JMaxchill L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've tried searching for it but I can't find a 5cp A/D prefab a la Steel. Should I just make it myself or am I being an idiot?

2. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    I think there isn't one. At least I never saw one. You can make one yourself easily based on ABS's prefabs.
    Basicaly, you need 4 cp's (a,b,c,d) set as so each one unlocks the next one (pretty simple) and another unrelated cp (e), that causes BLU's victory. Then set up the cp's order in the HUD like described here

3. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing dan's birthday was fun too

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, I might make a cp_steel prefab, as I'm working on a Steel-style map now, and I just about have all of the entities set up. Don't count on it, though.

4. Megascatterbomb

Megascatterbomb L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Actually i'd recommend having the CP HUD like this

E
    A B C D

That way people won't get confused. Im working on a steel like map as well. If you want any assistance feel free to PM me :D

EDIT: That E is supposed to be between and above B and C. :/

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  5. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Now everyone wants a prefab of CP_Steel
    And yes, i need one too. And if someone creates it, plz tell how to I/O a point to a door...
    Plz Steel maps are the future.

6. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    I/o a door as follows:
    Output for the cp entity: (team_control_point)

OnCapTeam2 Door001 Open

7. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    I might post what I have now for the prefab when I get the chance, but it probably won't include alternate player spawns. Once I eventually do finish the map, I hope to complete it.

8. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    You can just decompile cp_steel and check out their logic setup. That's the surest way to get it right.

9. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    Did that for the prefab. Actually, if you look into the decompiled version of Steel, there are a bunch of logic setups that you wouldn't expect to be there (such as [I'm paraphrasing] "superawesomerailings" and "dishturn"). They don't really get in the way of copying what you need to copy, but I might take a closer look to see what exactly is going on.

10. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Those extra outputs are for changing things such as doors, signs, spawns, and the bridges at E when points are captured. If you can pick them out, you don't need to copy them, but you'll probably want similar outputs in your own map.

11. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

12. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Well, excuse me for adding some helpful information that you conveniently omitted :glare: