[EIST] Tf2Master :3

L1: Registered
Dec 14, 2015
cp_Railed_Mountains - Rails and mountains

View attachment 14403 View attachment 14404
20160324114221_1.jpg
20160324114230_1.jpg
20160324114241_1.jpg
Here's my first map, I followed the tutorials of Crash.

The map is in an early stage so it can has some bugs, if you find one, tell me and i'll try to fix it.

And... the red bots like one of the spawn wall, so if someone know how to fix that tell me pls.
20160324114303_1.jpg

Thx for read, and I whish you'll enjoy the map.

(sorry for my english, my native language is spanish)

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Bots are only useful for testing game logic and entities, but don't use it to test the balance and gameplay as they act nothing like actual humans.

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
Hey there, i downloaded your map and ran through it.

1. You forgot to add at least one info_observer_point, which can crash servers(?) and will put a spectator cam into origin, which in your case is somewhere inside a big brush, causing it to look very weird.

2. You literally stole mid from cp_orange. Aside from that fact, this will never make for good gameplay. The whole TF2 combat system doesn't work with all players trying to get up a 64hu ramp, and the height difference between the CP and the lower area is so big that damage falloff will make any kind of combat take hours.

3. You also seem to have taken the cap time from cp_orange, because every point takes >30 seconds to cap.

3. You can see every single CP from your spawn room.

4. Players start right next to second, which also has a captime of said 30+ seconds, and the only non-explosive-jump way to get there is by walking past the enemy team's spawn. You can even shoot from your spawn, then fall back, and because the cap time is so long, that means noone will cap those points ever.

5. Last is more of the same, except that you have to push even further past the enemy spawn. It also has 30+ seconds cap time. Last points usually have a very very short cap time.

6. Your map is pretty much just 1 path. There is a second, upper path, but that one is only reachable by an alternate spawn exit which takes (and i counted) 13 seconds to reach from the spawn points as a normal speed class - And it is just a long, long, long bridge leading to nothing except mid (13 seconds later than everybody else,) the enemy alternate spawn door, and certain sniper death. This means even before pushing through the enemy spawn, you have to get through a 256hu wide choke (and travel about 512hu from there to even start capping.)

7. Your map obviously has at least one leak.
20160324161315_1.jpg

Dec 14, 2015
Dr Lambda, thanks for your review, as you probably know, your first map is the most difficult, because you don't have expirence adn you can make a lot of mistakes.

I don't steal the tower from cp_orange, I just made the tower testing something, adn then i made the map, I'm sorry if it seems to be stealed.

I'm working on the gameplay now, I'll try to fix everything, and i'll remove the cp_orange tower style. And the "leak", is just a brush with nodraw that i don't know why is there.

Thanks for made a contructive review. I'll realese a update soon as posible.

Dec 14, 2015
Well, the cp_orange style control point will be removed soon, now I want to keep that tower.
As you can see I changed the B control of both sides, adding two new ways to enter to the point.
20160330215709_1.jpg20160330215718_1.jpg
Also I reduse the cap-time from 30, 20, 10 to 15, 10, 7. And I reduce a bit.
the size of the map

And someone can tell me how to make a sound that it activates at a random time like the sound of a bird?

i hope you'll enjoy it :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
And someone can tell me how to make a sound that it activates at a random time like the sound of a bird?
If you are looking for ambient sounds like wind and birds; you should look into soundscapes. However, you shouldn't worry too much about those in these alpha stages. Wait until you are detailing your map to add soundscapes. And they can get a bit messy so they are usually the last thing I do before going into the first version of release candidates. But dont worry about them right now.

Here is an article on the Valve Developer Community about soundscapes, if you just feel like reading up on them:
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Soundscape