Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010

bobotype

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2014
I'm enthusiastic to give it a go :)
I wanted to make a night-time Paris map myself ever since I mistook the background of the menu screen [Double Cross] for Paris once [Spy's music was playing] and was disappointed to find there was no cp_Paris
I'd definitely have a crack at it if you want

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
please fix it because I want to detail it p. badly.
pics from a project I haven't had inspiration enough to finish
bba8ed8517.jpg

f12ab71393.jpg

bobotype

Sep 24, 2014
If anyone manages to grab this one before me, pretty please set it at night <3 :3 :)

bobotype

Sep 24, 2014
I, um, don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I've been fiddling around with it and made some textures for blue tile rooves, and thrown in a couple signs like this
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5150/5619693943_9a72a80408_z.jpg
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=80493682
[edited to fit TF2 style], also I was thinking of adding a passage from the subway to Cap C for either side, what's your thoughts Bakscratch?
Also must say it's a really well laid out map, am loving it

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
I, um, don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I've been fiddling around with it and made some textures for blue tile rooves, and thrown in a couple signs like this
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5150/5619693943_9a72a80408_z.jpg
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=80493682
[edited to fit TF2 style], also I was thinking of adding a passage from the subway to Cap C for either side, what's your thoughts Bakscratch?
Also must say it's a really well laid out map, am loving it

map is in Orphaned so you can do what you want with it.

Yacan1

aa
Nov 7, 2010
what do you mean fix it?

Layout just needs to be more refined. Play areas are just kind of wonky to be around from the looks of it. Not many places to attack points for either teams. Also, the narrow spaces inside the buildings are kind of harvest-esque in terms of "only way to go is out" as in, onto the roofs or in this case, balconies.
I only want to detail, gameplay is none of my business to be truthful. If someone provided better assets for detailing I'd love to do what I could.
Right now for those screenshots I'm using: Paris textures, bulletcrops, construction pack, vehicle expansion, and Blu metal roof textures. If I'm using other people's I've forgotten (sorry!)

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Layout just needs to be more refined. Play areas are just kind of wonky to be around from the looks of it. Not many places to attack points for either teams. Also, the narrow spaces inside the buildings are kind of harvest-esque in terms of "only way to go is out" as in, onto the roofs or in this case, balconies.
I only want to detail, gameplay is none of my business to be truthful. If someone provided better assets for detailing I'd love to do what I could.
Right now for those screenshots I'm using: Paris textures, bulletcrops, construction pack, vehicle expansion, and Blu metal roof textures. If I'm using other people's I've forgotten (sorry!)

When you orphan something you're supposed to fix it, not the person who but it out there in the first place...

Yacan1

aa
Nov 7, 2010
When you orphan something you're supposed to fix it, not the person who but it out there in the first place...

When I said "Please fix it" I was referring to bobotype. Considering I posted immediately after he said he might try to pick it up. And fixing a map doesn't have to be a single person job regardless. That's just my opinion.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
When I said "Please fix it" I was referring to bobotype. Considering I posted immediately after he said he might try to pick it up. And fixing a map doesn't have to be a single person job regardless. That's just my opinion.

Ah, I'm an idiot...

bobotype

Sep 24, 2014

Oh shit. Um, I could try, I'm already feeling a little out of my depth though but I'll PM you

I think it stands in a pretty good place, just needs another route to C maybe, and the indoors bit is an easy fix :cool1:

Khorps

Nov 9, 2014
I'm working on this right now I love this map and how it could turn out I'm turning the map into an MvM map. Its looking pretty good.