cp_orange_x-treme (Extended version of cp_orange_x3)

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by ProfessorOak, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ProfessorOak

ProfessorOak L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi!

cp_orange_x-treme

I decided to edit the original map cp_orange_x3 (or cp_orange_x) and make it: cp_orange_x-treme, an extended version of the map with new, fun features such as:
    A roof, a tunnel and some other things. I fixed the errors which the cp_orange_x3 still had.

On one of the screenshots, you see a blue thing. This blue thing is some kind of a 'wind' which allows you to go up the roof. You can enable the wind by pressing a button on the first floor. As you may notice, there are 2 types of those winds. A green one and a blue one. Both winds have got a button, which enables the winds.

It's a great experience to play this map in Team Fortress 2 and it's definitely better than cp_orange_x or cp_orange_x3!

Cheers!
    ProfessorOak

2. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Right now, this map has three things going against it:

Orange: This website hates orange maps that are final. Try to texture it up, and then its a real map

Modified: We dont like it when people change things that are made my someone else, and call it their own

Final: This is not a release site, its a development site, for getting feedback.

3. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    I don't see what's really extended about it. The modifications you've made don't lengthen the map at all, not that it needs it considering it's already suffering N64 syndrome.

4. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    You are not gonna get much serious feedback here

5. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Edit: I'm a pie, ignore that.

There's nothing else to say here because Grim, Nerd, and Heah covered it all.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  6. temion

temion L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    This isn't enough. You got started, that's great, but you are 1% into the changes needed to make it a worthwhile release.

Sure super simple maps like orange_x are good for people who play TF2 on a gameboy, but you need to do a LOT more to this map. This is like 10 minutes worth of work. No seriously, you just barely started here. Keep going! who knows, it might be good in the end. But you aren't near the finish line yet.. you've just stepped out of the starting gate.

7. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    Meh... it's orange_x. Pretty lame IMO. You should really try making a completed map.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  8. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    blue waffle?...
    Seriously. Make your own map.

9. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Isn't this just a re-post of a map that the forum was closed for. If people didn't like this a week ago, i doubt they'd like it now.