CP cp_Mountainside [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrytin

L2: Junior Member
Jun 10, 2015
cp_Mountainside - Like Steel but with mountains

A steel style 5A/D map. Planned to feature spytech interiors and woodland exterior.

Just drop the .bsp in your maps folder like you would any other. This map contains no custom assets (to my knowledge) and as such should run fine on its own.

gastrop0d

L3: Member
Apr 22, 2009
Taking a quick look at the screenshots it appears to be over-scaled. You might want to compare your area sizes against similar areas in official maps to get a quick idea if your scale is on track. This guide covers that quite well.

I would recommend even opening up cp_steel itself and referencing its scale.

Also, people might confuse Mountainside with Mountainlab.

I do like your premise, though!

JMaxchill

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 21, 2015
Looks very overscaled, but if you solved that it looks fine (to my lack of knowledge :p)

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Your C concept is by far the most interesting area on the map. Every other area was far too big, pretty much in every way. Measure the heights, sightline lengths, and sightline angles of official maps (not just Steel) to get an idea of what is acceptable and when.

I spent a long time just kind of running around as BLU not knowing where to go, or spending lots of time getting to where I need to go. Adjusting the scale will help with that. You should also simplify some of the more complex routes so players don't spend minutes running down them only to end up where they didn't want to be. A big help with this is signage.

When making a sniper balcony, first don't copy Steel exactly, and second, make sure the dead end is visible right away so other classes don't go there and get annoyed.

chrytin

Jun 10, 2015
Changes made based on feedback from the test on the back end of the Friday Gameday.
* New cover and designs around D. Now uses props and textures to look like a proper war room
* Windows nicked straight outta 2fort will now better display what can and can not be shot through
* New cover and wall designs at A
* Removed immobile bridge at E and replaced with one that moves with the others after C is captured.
* Properly packed a custom side room decoration.

Read the rest of this update entry...

chrytin

Jun 10, 2015
Using scrapped elevator models from 2fort, a self disabling trigger_multiple and about 6 hours of my time I have added in a functioning and relatively stable elevator to cp_mountainside, this one placed where previously a long and uninteresting ramp connected point A to point D. This isn't intended as a full release version at the time being, but rather an alternate version, for use until both can be tested and a better one determined.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.