Resource icon

CP cp_minedthegap b1

theheeper55

L1: Registered
Jan 8, 2020
cp_minedthegap_a1 - a semi-quick map ctf map to play, that gives all classes a use. dick around all you want!

hey look its another generic cp map! only this time its mega challenging!
pretty small, but gameplay times will be long, depending on how good all of you are. the second spawn mechanic is a big gamble because of the long hallway, so if you're a heavy, you are screwed. but if you're a scout, go ahead and flank the entire enemy team.

UEAKCrash disapproves!

(oh yeah its my first map too so uhh give feedback)

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
hey! noticed this was on the botlist. before you submit this to an imp:
- make sure your map is sealed and not leaking. map > load pointfile will show a red line affter compile if there's a leak. you can tell if a map is leaking if the lighting looks weird, if brushsides outside the map are visible, or if mat_leafvis 3 shows leaves extending out to infinity.
leaking maps are usually skipped.
20200108191457_1.jpg 20200108193320_1.jpg
- ensure your logic (especially spawnrooms) function. your second RED spawn is set to the wrong team.
maps with broken logic are, also, usually skipped.
20200108193142_1.jpg
- add a version string to your BSP filename. if a player with an old version of cp_minedthegap joins a server with a newer version, they will be kicked from the server.

more general advice for map creation:
- dev ice is slippery and doesn't light properly, often flickering. players will complain about it and slippery floor is generally just annoying anyway. i'd advise against it.
20200108191444_1.jpg
- use a grid size of around 8, 16, or 32 for making your main brushwork, and try to keep everything on that grid. the compiler doesn't play nice with small geometry misalignments.
20200108191654_1.jpg

also, fix your map tagline. why does it mention ctf?
upload_2020-1-8_19-49-52.png

theheeper55

Jan 8, 2020
hello. thank you for telling me about these things, but the leaking is not that big. i think it can be playable still. its not leaking into the void but its just texture clipping. besides that, i fixed everything else. again, thanks a million for letting me know.

theheeper55

Jan 8, 2020
thanks for the feedback everyone! things in this update are:

+made the cap times really low, making the map more fast paced.
+cut the spawn points in half, this fixes the problem where spawning in the second spawn was next to impossible.
+fixed all the leaks.

Read the rest of this update entry...

theheeper55

Jan 8, 2020
Things in this update:

+Added conveyor belts to second spawns
+Even more leak fixes
+Made the capture times more balanced. it now takes 20 seconds to capture the middle point, and 10 for the team ones.

it seems that people dont like this map but thats alright. i just wanted this map to be a fast paced cp map. considering the future of this map, i will improve on the layout. i will not remake the layout, but i will improve on it. people also complained that its too flat, so i will be adding more things to it.

if i still manage to fuck it up, this will either end up being a trade map, or a meme map.

hope to god that it doesnt.

Read the rest of this update entry...