Resource icon

cp_larkstongue a2b

Krayken

L1: Registered
Aug 6, 2012
cp_larkstounge - The horrible bastard child of Steel, Well, and Gorge

Did you ever think to yourself, "Gee, I wish I could hear train bells all day while falling off a crane-lift to my doom while fighting over a laser"? Well, that's oddly specific, but wait no more to fulfill your fantasy! Lark's Tongue (not final name if I ever work on this more) is a Steel-Type with an excessive amount of verticality and trains.

Capping A: Unlocks A-E, and the A-B shortcut/route

Capping B: Unlocks B-C, extends safety bridges below E

Capping C: Starts the one-way train to D, extends bridges to reach E

Capping D: Locks down Red's quick access to E, flips guardrails up, and opens train gates at B to make Blu's trip faster

Capping all points pulls E upwards slowly ;)

Krayken

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks asd417 for the help!

-Moved killbox and traingate by Red Spawn 1 E exit
-Added signs in Red Spawn 1 that for some reason I forgot
-Added cubemaps
-Finally some real normal compile (packed with cubemaps too)
-Light fixes!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Krayken

Aug 6, 2012
big changes, too many too list, mainly smoothing areas and redoing C and D. also added a big dumb steel C-D runway infront of red's final spawn. i figure I should make it close to steel (you know... the friggin sewer door spawnroom doors and all) and then change/chip away at things to better suit the layouts/design of the current points/map

the final point might play like KOTH, so it might be better to make it koth steel a/da in the future, who knows

I have no idea if the bug involving the final point killing players when they collide is fixed or not, but that will be the thing to fix in alpha 2a or something if it's even worth it

steel 2020 big cringe

Krayken

Aug 6, 2012
Trying to fix some minor issues before doing sweeping changes like shortening A and B play spaces.

though I did make B less thicc

Added doors to A and B that open up to allow faster travel to E (thanks idolon, will keep working on routing... that fucking B/C/E connector is going to get 100% remade for a3)

More signs/cleaning up signs/geometry (thanks floof et al)
every year keeps getting shorter

Added labels to HUD (thanks russian)

Elevator now moves 2 units slower. wow.
Elevator no longer moves when D is capped (thanks wilson, let's see how it plays)
hanging on in quiet desperation is the only way

Made red's 2nd spawn a one way glass (thanks wilson again, though you can see into steel which you probably disagree with)

lighting and other var.

added more textures for readability

Credits to EArkham for the snowycoast door textures

Krayken

Aug 6, 2012
Fixed missing custom textures

respawnvis in red forward spawn

cubemaps still dont work, sorry

more signs

b might be easier for red to hold

When D is captured, E platform moves even slower instead of not at all.

Slight streamline from red to D

Blu has less respawntime now that they have shortcuts to E

would like another game or two for more people to get used to the layout, I have ideas on fixing connectors and flow, but would like a little bit more feedback first.