cp_highclimb

CP cp_highclimb a5

Funboringness

L1: Registered
Jun 29, 2016
cp_uphill - A Attack / Defence map in which the Red team is on a higher plane than the Blu.

cp_uphill_a1 (WIP Name) A work in progress map, it has taken one month to produce this map, my first map of this scale. SCREENSHOTS:
YTwVFS1.png
7lvnvuz.png
4y9CHp7.png
FnTyXKi.png

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Hi you have a missing texture in your map all over the ground in version _a3b:

xI5fQd8h.jpg

You can pack custom textures into your map using packing software like Compilepal. Currently valve's built in packer bspzip doesn't work. :eek:
You can check if any assets (models, textures, sounds, particles, etc) are missing by, before loading the map, going into console and typing:
Code:
sv_pure 2
This will tell TF2 to load the next map with only the assets that are in the game files or that are packed into the map file, showing any missing files in this ugly purple.

You also have a lot of empty space on this map and sightlines:
sxc7V3Uh.jpg

0FDzqCyh.jpg

You will get better at map scale as you play the game and distinctly observe map scales. For now try to think about mock gameplay scenarios in your map and how you'd solve them, and if you need to add any platforms, walls, or just filler objects (like massive blocks of geometry, try not to fill with props!) then try to do so.

At the moment you should try to make players not have to 'just hold W' to get through the map - if players have to jump on things or over things or walk around things it's more interesting and fun!

Hope to see more!

Funboringness

L1: Registered
Jun 29, 2016
hey, when I download a3c, the filename of the download says a3b. Make sure in future that you rename your vmf file before compiling and releasing a new version. Also it seems to me like you haven't repacked your map. Have a look at that thread on how to do it, as it helps with keeping filesize down.
To be honest, I'm doing all of these things after I get A4 out quickly.