Cp_Deposit

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Doorknoob, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Doorknoob

Doorknoob L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello! I'm a bit of an amateur mapper, but I've been fiddling around with maps. Here is my second serious project and first release to the public, Cp_Deposit!

We go to a storage area in the middle of the city Somewhere, Australia. An australium deposit was found in the middle of it, and it's your job, mercenaries, to capture it for our own uses.

This map is designed preimarily for close quarters combat, so pyros, heavies, scouts and demos are gonna be rackin' up kills like... well, I can't think of a good analogy.

2. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    The lighting is non-cliche. I would like to playtest this... get it up on gameday.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Rotating props is a good way of reducing the repetitive appearence of otherwise blatently copy-pasted props.

4. Ost

Ost L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Also, coloured lights is a great way of making your map look ugly.

5. Melt

Melt L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Looks interesting... it reminds me a lot of a scene in the film A Boy And His Dog - have you seen that? Maybe you could run with that and have some areas of the warehouse roofs open into inaccessible windows with an eerie green glow coming from them. I like it when people play with light colors, the trick is to do it in a way that doesn't impede gameplay.

6. Fredrik

Fredrik L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    looks kinda tight on some places.