cp_cardboard

CP cp_cardboard a3

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
What kind of fool do you take me for? This maps made of nothing but brushes and entities! No cardboard to be found!

Jokes aside, this looks like it could be a really good map, but then again I only have the thumbnail to go off of. Can you please upload more screenshots?

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
yeap, was having dinner.
7rqbLsG.jpg

b47UiVo.jpg

15pd9tx.jpg

F1VH2yV.jpg

GaryEhx.jpg

3tZkEOt.jpg

I hope you dont get a sudden revelation that this map is actually shit

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Nope, still looks pretty good. A little less than what I first thought, yes, but overall still looks better than most of what I crank out, so it's gotta be good.

Also, I noticed the one overhang (is that what its call idk) doorway directly under the rocket. You should probably move that up a little bit. Someone could jump off that ledge and bonk their head on the nozzle, kind of like when you stickyjump too high and you hit the skybox/a clip brush. Just move the rocket up a bit (would 64/92 work?) and you'll be fine.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Nope, still looks pretty good. A little less than what I first thought, yes, but overall still looks better than most of what I crank out, so it's gotta be good.

Also, I noticed the one overhang (is that what its call idk) doorway directly under the rocket. You should probably move that up a little bit. Someone could jump off that ledge and bonk their head on the nozzle, kind of like when you stickyjump too high and you hit the skybox/a clip brush. Just move the rocket up a bit (would 64/92 work?) and you'll be fine.
I tested it and it turns out unless scout double jump, they wont hit their head on the rocket.
EDIT: misunderstood it. I'll test again and see if it needs fix. I do kinda need to be careful since that hallway is also connected to point A

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016

It turns out that all class bump their head but I dont think that can change gameplay in any way, If people complain, then I'll move it up

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Title Says All

To be specific:
Layout and Logic:
The bridge in front of A is now shorter
Right flank route that goes to A now takes longer to go.
Control points are bigger and B takes less time to cap
Added a temporary prop to block red team from going into the cave flank room before A is capped. The prop will break when A is taken.
Train does not push players into the tunnel anymore.
Added paint under the health packs. Because I didnt put them in, players assumed that there are 0 health packs.

will add forward spawn if Berry complains required

Aesthetics:
Added Mountain
Added the top section of the rocket
Added some useless buildings

Optimization:
Added areaportals
Added skybox walls to completely separate the area where point A is from the area where point B is.
result: Extreme frame drop
to do: optimize better

Read the rest of this update entry...