CP CP_Bunker [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
Quick update: I have finished the central points as well as one point on the RED and BLU side. I am making sure there is a balance between most areas of high and low ground, as well as plenty of routes. It is also now symmetrical. Central point is highlighted in red, while the other two are in green. Tell me your thoughts!
CP_bunkerV2A.PNG

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
It's hard to get an idea from 2D hammer screenshots. Not to mention that it's impossible to tell height differences. Perhaps an in-game overview screenshot would be better.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Here's a more detailed thing of what I have so far
CP_bunker_central1.jpg
The central point now has 3 entrances, as well as a wall to block huge sightlines from the atrium area
CP_bunker_centralTransition1.jpg
This is the main route from the Atrium (Large linking room). It has a main 1 way route down the middle, which can be backed up but requires some tight jumps. The side flank rooms connect to each side of the main point, and the flank rooms will have additional entrances as well.
CP_bunker_centralFlank1.jpg
The entrance from the main route is at the corner. The very end is the main point entrance, and an additional entrance to this room will be at the 3rd corner (where the camera is)
CP_bunker_Atrium1.jpg
The Atrium. This will bridge the two secondary points, and will be given a lot more cover+details in a while.
CP_bunker_Second1.jpg
The second point for each team has plenty of raised areas and the turbines block potentially huge sniper sightlines. The raised platforms in the middle help to prevent sentries and heavies from dominating the open area, and a flank tunnel underneath allows classes like spies, scouts and pyros to get behind enemy lines, emerging on the other side of the room.
CP_bunker_SideFlank1.jpg
This is one of the two side rooms leading off from the flank rooms to the main point, and will mainly be for cover to regenerate health and for classes like the heavy or engie to get metal or eat their sandvich.
CP_bunker_SideFlank2.jpg
This corridor is directly adjacent to the small room discussed previously and will be one of the three routes going to the area of the team spawns. The double door system combined with a quick lock and small trigger area helps low health players escape from enemies chasing them, as a class like a scout can easily get through the door and have it close after him before a class like a heavy or soldier behind him can attack him properly
This seems like a decently logical layout plan in my head, but just say if anything seems a bit dodgy or pointless!

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Well, after a month of grueling work, I have completely revamped bunker, with an entirely new map layout, and I need testers for it.
Currently only the Red side is properly done, so explore around there.
Get back to me about any glaring issues you find!(If there is no clear path or it is fenced off/somewhere stupid you shouldn't go, then it is probably going to be blocked off later on)

I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Mid could use some more interesting geometry, and perhaps one more route in/out. Second looks nice, however the underground flank route looks impractical due to it's length, and the whole room that second is in could use more routes in and out- currently, each team only has 1 main route in and out of second. Last has me intrigued, but in it's current state will be difficult to push into. I see that last is unfinished, so presumably you're still working on it. I also hope you're still working on lighting, as many of the indoor areas are dark.

Definitely looks like a step up over your previous design. Good job, and keep at it.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Mid could use some more interesting geometry, and perhaps one more route in/out. Second looks nice, however the underground flank route looks impractical due to it's length, and the whole room that second is in could use more routes in and out- currently, each team only has 1 main route in and out of second. Last has me intrigued, but in it's current state will be difficult to push into. I see that last is unfinished, so presumably you're still working on it. I also hope you're still working on lighting, as many of the indoor areas are dark.

Definitely looks like a step up over your previous design. Good job, and keep at it.
Just to clarify, by mid did you mean the point itself or the lobby area?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Just to clarify, by mid did you mean the point itself or the lobby area?
I mean the room the point is in. Look at midpoints for various 5CP maps like Process or Badlands. Do something interesting. Don't be afraid to experiment- playtests will help you figure out if it's any good or balanced, and how to improve it. Most players would prefer an unbalanced map with lots of interesting geometry rather than the world's most balanced empty box.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Welcome back to Bunker! It's been almost a month and a half, and I've been working hard to bring this update.
*What this update brings*:
Red's last point
Red's main spawn
Desert-canyon transition between the second point and last
Flank route linking second's basement-flank to sub-room near mid
Various lighting fixes

*additional notes*:
I cut the map in half, directly through the middle, to reduce the compile times (After the main area was finished, it had taken 24+ hours without finishing VVIS, and that was with only half the map)
Some of the lighting is a little strange in the new section, especially the sewers near last

*Known bugs/issues*:
Lighting in the sewers at last is really dodgy
Lighting under the cliffs is very weird, no idea how to fix it (help appreciated)
Textures haven't rotated how I want in the sewers, can't figure out how to fix
Some bits of lighting are just dodgy in general
Cliffs heavily shadowed, quite irritating

All feedback is appreciated, and everything is subject to change!

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
This update brings: The entirety of Blu's side!
*New features*:
The entirety of the Blu team side!
Reworked lighting along the entire map
Redone rooms between second and last slightly
Fixed sun issues, bringing glorious brightness along the entire map
Redone the mid point slightly
Added playerclips so you can play within the boundaries
Configured Red and Blu spawnrooms
Capture points work, with all logic set up
.nav file packed, so bots can now play with you!

*Major changes*:
The sewers are currently being reworked into something better, also will link up to a new flank route along the canyon.
Blue side has been added

*Known Issues*:
Blu train is not working at this very moment, will be fixed in the next update.

*In the next update*:
Additional canyon flank route
Fixed Blu train
Health and Ammo packs

*Additional notes*:
Health and ammo packs have not been added yet, coming with the train in the next update.

All feedback is appreciated!

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.