cp_beach_final

BoneS

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2007
Finally i have finished my first map, cp_beach.

I realise that you guys might be a tough audience judging by the quality of work released here. Give it a try and post back some constructive criticism please.

Its basically a remake of the classic RTCW (return to castle wolfenstein) map beach. Setup as a 3 CP (gravelpit stlyle) map, with a forward spawn for blue for balance. The map has a large outdoor beach area, multi-level platforms and an inside base area, for those who played the original i'm sure you'll know what i mean :)

Anyway half way through posting this i realised i couldn't upload the file because it was too large. So hopefully i'm allowd to post this link to the fpsbanana download.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/39292

Thanks for your time, and i hope you enjoy.

jakeparlay

L2: Junior Member
Dec 11, 2007
its a fun map.. played it for a good 40 minutes the other night. visually is pretty simplistic, but that doesnt bother me since it was a good time. FPS drop in a few places was killer, but overall, nice work. was good fun :D

BoneS

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2007
yeh i to have noticed the fps drop, problem is i dont really understand hints and other optimisations yet. I'll read up on it and try and optimise the map better. If anyone knows any good tutorials for optimization then please post them :)

thanks for the comments