Then this Map Made For You!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
  2. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
  3. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    What NickTF is trying to say is that "artical" is not a word. The word you're looking for is "arctic"

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    Why is "King of the Hill" in the description of all of your maps?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    I like how the tagline is simply 'snow'.

Quick and to the point.

6. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
  7. basilhs333

basilhs333 L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
  8. Oatmeal

Oatmeal L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Articulated truck forest?

9. probasilhs

probasilhs L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I downoladed the map and i have to say you did good job.

10. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    This is still spelled wrong. It would be Arctic. Not sure why you deleted and remade the thread, either?

11. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    Man, I sure do love Attack/Defent!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, but this map needs a lot of work. It's just a mess of uneven brushwork and random floating props. The hud tells me it's gravelpit-style A/D but the points are in linear order? Why not just make it regular 3cp A/D then?

13. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
  14. JMaxchill

JMaxchill L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Your bsp is just named "articalfortress". This is completely useless because anyone just looking at it will have no clue whether it's koth, cp, pl, alpha, beta, rc, whatever. Also, it's misleading because anyone trying to find the thread from the bsp will search "articalfortress" which this thread isn't called (rename your .vmf before compiling or you'll mess up the .bsp).

I downloaded this map and had a run around, and although there was a lot of prop spam I think the layout could work, although in scale I think it's closer to the first stage of a multi-stage map.
    • I like the detail in Blue's spawn, although the roof felt too high and the layout was confusing. Try removing some internal walls and this area.
    • The first thing I see when I walk out of spawn is props. Lots of them. Also a very close control point. Regardless, I think the general layout could work in terms of blocks (link) but I would recommend removing all the props and replacing them with dev-textured blocks while you get it tested.
    • This area could be a decent flank if it was more cut off, but at the moment it's just wasted space with too much health in it.
    • This is only detail feedback, but seeing as you've detailed this quite heavily z-fighting.
    • Please remove these trees, as you can hide in them and they do weird things to your view. If it feels empty without them, maybe put a shack there or something?
    • At the moment this first cp is very close to Blue's spawn, so if you want to keep this as attack/defend, I would recommend deleting the rocks on the left and putting the point closer to that area (maybe with some height advantage? not sure)
    • You can see the last control point from the second. Not good. Personally, I would suggest deleting 2nd and adding a second stage. Alternatively, you could move 2nd closer to 1st, raise 1st and pull it into spawn, and rotate the map to make it 5cp.
    The main problem you have with this map is that the propspam draws people's eyes everywhere, so there's no indication on where to go so it's quite easy to get lost. Also (possibly as a consequence of this) there's no sense of flow - at no point did I feel that I was particularly drawn to one area. I would very strongly recommend stripping this down to dev textures, replacing the props with brushes, and getting your map tested - tyler's guide on how to release your map is very helpful on this front.

15. rand0m

rand0m L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Not a fan of calling people out, but you got three of your greek friends to register here just to review your map 5 stars, like, really? Also, the brushwork looks really messy & displacements could use some work. But if it's your first map, not as bad as it could've been :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    a lot of you suggested to make some changed to the map so i did i hope now its Complete tell me please your opinion or suggest me what to fix or change.

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    No-one pays any attention to the comments and ratings anyway :p

18. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    yes they are my closest friends and they like to help me out and test my maps.
    i made one other version of the map and it is improved if you want check it out. :D

19. JMaxchill

JMaxchill L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    You still haven't changed the filename, so if anyone who previously downloaded this tried to join a server running a different version they would get an error.

20. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    You Are Wrong I did Change The File Name Intro cp_arcticfortress and i followed your steps and suggestions completely and you were apsolutely right. I updated the map with that new file but as i see it didnt work maybe i did sth wrong in case that happent tell me how to update it so we can be 100% sure about that.
    Thanks For your Time And Help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.