CP CP Riverside [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2017
CP Riverside - A work in progress 5cp map with an alpine/low tech theme.

Hey all, this is my first map uploaded here. The map so far has basic gameplay spaces ready to go along with clipping and such.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Here's some pictures:

8WOaMB1.jpg
GwRXW4h.jpg
kd2zwZu.jpg
S6Tijvd.jpg
s60QEo6.jpg

Last edited:

red3pit

High on melancholy
aa
Dec 3, 2016
On the second picture, there's a bit too much open space. Try to add some cover here and there, because it can create some unbalance.
Maybe later I'lll get into game and give some feedback.

May 27, 2017
I'm back again!

After getting feedback on version a2, a lot has changed. I rebuilt the map from scratch because it'd be too much of a paint to edit the a2 version.

Here's a changelog:

Opened up some new routes to allow more flanking from second-to-last to last (this may not be enough, only testing will tell, but the attackers have a bit more height advantage now so it may be easier for them instead of running into a chokepoint.

Mid has been reduced in size and has a lot more cover now

All the pickups have had patches put under them so now you can see where they're going to spawn (white to health and team colours for ammo)

Signs were placed to indicate where you can jump, where you can't and where you should go etc etc

The disgusting sightlines that were there before have gone (again, testing will show if I have removed most of them or not)

There have been a bunch of small other tweaks too based on feedback.

Have some screenshots!

20170606173700_1.jpg
20170606173928_1.jpg
20170606173807_1.jpg
20170606173724_1.jpg
20170606173848_1.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

May 27, 2017
After looking at the feedback of a3 I come back with a new update!

Chaneglog:

Added clipping to all bits of floor where it transitions from dirt to flooring.

Removed a few of the battlements and control point signs.

Second and final have had some height variation and move cover thrown into them.

Second and final's areas have also increased in size slightly to (hopefully) remove the feeling of sameyness. This also increased the play area.

A nasty sightline was removed from mid.

Sentries can no longer shoot through the logs.

The path leading up the logs has been widened.

Removed the trucks from second to final and replaced with a shack for cover.

The main building has been split up. You now have 3 ways to attack from mid to second instead of the maze.

Doorways in some places were widened.

Round times changed for 10 minutes to 6. (still requires testing)

Points should be a bit more visible now.

Thank you everyone who gave me feedback during the last test, I have gone through and tried to fix everything that was mentioned.

Now for some pictures!
20170613002859_1.jpg
20170613004024_1.jpg
20170613004033_1.jpg
20170613004048_1.jpg
20170613004059_1.jpg
20170613004110_1.jpg

May 27, 2017
Hello again, after the imp today I have done a quick update.

Changelog:

The last point spawn now has a third exit, it's small and easy to see when you spawn in. It leads outside to the right side of the point.

Added a sign pointing to the battlements outside of the most forward spawnroom (close to mid)

Opened up the lower area leading from second to last (The part where all the crates were which made it very narrow and hard to navigate)

No new images since they weren't really needed for this patch (and I am in a hurry at the time of updating)

May 27, 2017
Hello again, after the imp today I have done a quick update.

Changelog:

The last point spawn now has a third exit, it's small and easy to see when you spawn in. It leads outside to the right side of the point.

Added a sign pointing to the battlements outside of the most forward spawnroom (close to mid)

Opened up the lower area leading from second to last (The part where all the crates were which made it very narrow and hard to navigate)

No new images since they weren't really needed for this patch (and I am in a hurry at the time of updating)

Status
Not open for further replies.