CP map problems

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by drlgamer, Jul 15, 2012.

1. drlgamer

drlgamer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I hope this is in the right place.

I have been following the developer tutorials on how to make a CP gametype map but am still having a few issues. This is an attack and defend map.

The smallest 1 is time being added after the first of 2 points is captured.
    I have an input going to the team_round_timer to add 5 min but when the team caps the point, no time is added. (input for the Timer)
    Source Output > My Input Parameter Delay Once
    Capture_Area_1 OnCapTeam2 AddTeamTime 300 0.00 No

Then the spawns stopped working. :(
    I geuss i'm just confused as to how each spawn point is assigned to each control point. Example: I want red to spawn in the same place even after losing point 1. I have tried 16 spawnpoints per team per point, I have tried assigning them to a specific Team_ Respawnroom but that does nothing, I have tried loading up dustbowl to see how valve did it but it crashes every time. :mad:

If anyone can geuss what the issue is it would help out a ton. thanks.

2. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    Put the output on the control point entity, not the capzone, and set it to "OnOwnerChangedtoTeam2"

Did you write anything in the "Associated Control Point" parameter of the info_teamspawns?

3. drlgamer

Positive Ratings:
    yes to the associated spawns
    checking other thing right now

4. drlgamer

Positive Ratings:
    I got the addtime to work. For some reason the team version won't work. Now to fix the spawns. . .

5. drlgamer

Positive Ratings:
    I fixed the spawns too. I was not reading the blu/red spawn for round directions clear enough. got it fixed now - sorry for the post :)

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    The AddTeamTime output needs the, you know, team, in addition to the time to add.