1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

CP/CTF Hybrid 2

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by UltimentM, Jun 4, 2015.

1. UltimentM

UltimentM L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey all,
    I'm currently in the process of making a TF2 map, however, it has both CP and CTF elements. The goal is that blue has to cap 4 control points from Red, and then capture an intelligence from red and take it back to their base. Unlike a CP/CTF hybrid, where the blue team has to take the intelligence to a control point to cap it, the first points will be entirely CP and the last point to cap is CTF.
    Is this concept possible? And if so, is it a good map idea?

Also, I need a name for the map. It's set in a desert, with a secret base. I was thinking something along the lines of Raid... Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, a quick 1 round a/d cp tutorial please!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. hutty

aa hutty

Positive Ratings:
    you could name it cpctf_breach

3. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    It should be possible. Just have the last CP use I/O to enable the inteligence and open any doors to it. The hud will work well enough, combining cp and ctf is a supported setup.

4. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Four control points sounds a bit much for a single round A/D. I like the concept you are proposing.