CP and Hybrid HUD issues

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
Hey all - I've run into some rather obnoxious issues while working on ctf_bomb_factory (if I can get these settled, I'll finally release the btb_mechanics_v1 .vmf like I keep saying I'll do).

First is more directly a CP Hud issue dealing with the team_control_point_master HUD string. This is how the HUD stands currently:
btb_mechanics_v1_current_HUD.jpg

With the string generating the CP portion as such: <1 3,2 4,0 5>
(That's one space in the first and third rows, three in the second/middle)

I'd prefer spacing the CP icons further apart so that 1) it doesn't look like they're in a ring and 2) they're not on top of the ctf arrow at all. Entering the string <1 3,2 4,0 5> (that's two additional spaces in each for three, five, and three, respectively) results in almost exactly what I want - but decides that red A (that's 0) wants to be centered on the bottom:
btb_mechanics_v1_desired_spacing_er.jpg
:O

Setting anything to an even number of spaces seems to just treat it as whatever one less space would be at best or bullocks the whole thing at worst. Help!

Second is about the ctf end of the HUD and the tf_logic_hybrid_cp_ctf entity. Currently I have the flag start with the team keyvalue set to Red (2) and since the flag is using the mysteriously loose-rules of KOTH(the keyvalue option, not the new gamemode), anyone can pick it up (at which point I change it's team to whichever team touched it through SetTeam). The HUD responds to this just fine.

If however, at any point in time the flag becomes neutral (team keyvalue 0) (as I'd like to make it, to drop the learning curve some), this happens:
btb_mechanics_v1_neutral_intel1.jpg
:O
btb_mechanics_v1_neutral_intel2.jpg

A second flag indicator shows up and never goes away. Do not want.

Any ideas?