Covert

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 9, 2008
I've been working on this map for about a week. It's my first map that's actually going to get finished ;). The layout is done, all I need to do now is detail it.

It's basically a small CTF map. To get the intelligence you have to run in front of the enemy spawn not through it, so it is a little bit easier than 2fort. This should prevent people staying in the intel room for the whole game. Also since it is such a small map I have added setup time, so engineers can setup sentries and demos can lay out stickies. Don't worry about the gates underwater, they only open from the inside, so you can't quickly take the enemies intel and go through that gate to capture it.

I know it may look similar to 2fort but the layout is really different, and the only real similarity is that it has a bridge in the middle.

Screenshots:

riverside.jpg

Larger Screenshots

Download:

Click Me

Any comments will be appreciated. Please tell me what you think, and what I can do to improve it.

Last edited:

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
run through,found something u might change...
1)supertiny spawnrooms
2)threre is no chance to stop the scout capturing your intel if he jumped from intelrobb to water
3) the whole map is about 2 engies in spawnroom
4)no sence of the bridge,too sniper-friendly

suggestions:
-make this underwater passage on the other side of the building 2 be used to avoid exiting the main door and prevent fast-cap as i mentioned in 2)
-divide the bridge,for it to be not so long and to prevent nearly spawnroom-spawnroom sniper fight

but map is nice as a base 4 future development

(some shots lower)

Last edited:

Jul 9, 2008
-make this underwater passage on the other side of the building 2 be used to avoid exiting the main door and prevent fast-cap as i mentioned in 2)
I don't really know what you mean, which side of the building?
-divide the bridge,for it to be not so long and to prevent nearly spawnroom-spawnroom sniper fight
Ah, thanks I had a feeling it was too big.

Another ridge :|
W...w...what? :(
Another Riverside :|
:crying: I really liked this name dammit.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
i mean its good to have passage underwater ,but now starting at intelrooms as there will be no way to catch the scout with your intelligence if he get it

Jul 9, 2008
i mean its good to have passage underwater ,but now starting at intelrooms as there will be no way to catch the scout with your intelligence if he get it

Hm, I get what you mean by the scout being too fast and capping it, I just don't know where I should place the exit. If anyone has any ideas please tell me.

Please comment, I need to know what I can do to improve the map. Maybe where can I put details, and what details should I use? I'm uploading a new version which is a bit more detailed and has larger spawn rooms, and resupply in the intelligence rooms.

Edit:
Beta 1.1 is up. Please take a look. More detail, larger spawnrooms, more cover, resupply rooms in the intel room.

Edit:
Hang on, I looked on FPSBanana and there are no maps called riverside, and only 2 called ridge. 1's called Sniper Ridge, and the other is just Ridge. So I can still keep my name right?

I know the map may not look that interesting (that's probably why I've only had 1 constructive post), But tell me what I can add to make it interesting. I've put a lot of time and effort into this map and it would be nice to have some feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. The name commenters were joking, and your idea is simple but pretty good. I'd suggest spicing up all the big rooms a bit more with obstacles, and definitely change something in the middle bridge area (for example, devide the bridge in two, having a isle with a shack in the middle, or something alike) to make it look less monotone.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
The irony behind the name is that Riverside Ridge is close to Void's Riverside and Mangycarface's Ash Ridge.

Both of those are easily found out about in the chat room.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
The irony behind the name is that Riverside Ridge is close to Void's Riverside and Mangycarface's Ash Ridge.

Both of those are easily found out about in the chat room.

Oh, right. Just call it Creekside Ridge then, problems solved :sleep:

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
k,made a run throush 1.1

got lots of suggestions,but they are BIG,get prepared)

here they are:

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
Hmm, those are quite big. But they are extremely helpful, just what I needed. Thanks :thumbup:

no problems) im watching this thread but if u got some Q or problemsbe free to ask by PM or something)

Jul 9, 2008
Update Yay!

I've made quite a few changes, please take a look and tell me what you think and what I can do to improve the map. The current version is Beta 2.

Here's some screenshots:

Screenshots!

Download Link:

Download!

Remember to tell me what you think.

Last edited: