Couple water glitches

Chro

L1: Registered
Mar 26, 2008
I've nearly finished my new map wickedX, but i have a couple water glitches before completely finishing it and i can't figure them out. The midfield water is fine, as is the most water in the map aside from these couple knee-high streams of water.

Glitch 1

The water here is see through in the middle and solid blue on the sides. You can also see shadows in the cave below this displacement. Never had this glitch before.

Glitch 2

This is the 2nd glitch is with the water on the ground and not the waterfall.(still need to fix that a bit) When looking above the water by a bit and it will make the entire water surface solid blue. Both of these glitches happen when looking at the shallow water from certain angles. At other angles it will appear fine. If theres some water texture that doesnt reflect but allows it to be see-through like in the sewers of 2fort, i'd love to use that to make it alot easier on fps and such.

Also the map uses a different type of capping system where you have to be in multiple spots to get the cp to cap.

Last edited:

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
1. Got cubemaps?Using the a _pretty texture with a non-pretty in the same FOV? Using that texture anywhere else? Does it cause the same problem? (If yes);

2. Might try putting a light near it, see if that's causing it, or changing the texture.

Chro

L1: Registered
Mar 26, 2008
Yea, i have cubemaps on all my water textures. I am using a cheap water but i think its out of view at the top of the waterfall, ill remove that and see what happenes. Also there is a light near it, it may not be that screenshot because of the sun, but on the other side it does the same thing and i have a light there because of the shadow casted.

Alright, i changed the water so that in the same fov its always the same water, and it still glitches up (glitch 2). It happens when the water is at the bottom 30% of the screen i've noticed. As for the texture, it was glitching with 2fort water and others I've tried. I'm using the same texture at midfield and it works perfectly. Its just this shallow water stuff.

Last edited: