Cordonation

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
So, I've decided to do one of those things with the stuff. You know, the Source things!

http://cordonationhammer.blogspot.com/ Old site

http://moonrat.github.io/blog/ New site

Yes, a blog focusing on Hammer and the Source Engine! And maybe sometimes beyond...

I'm going to be using the blog to of course, talk about Hammer and Source. Maybe tips on how tools in Hammer work, or why Junction doesn't work like it should. You can Bookmark the site, or just submit an email to be sent messages from!

So, what are some topics you guys would like to see written?

Last edited:

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Wowee! A new post, all on where your Health and Ammo kits should be in relative to your objectives!

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
A blog dedicated to hammer, neat.
As for a topic, make something about height and how you can exploit your self somewhere with the power of engineer buildings.

EDIT. If you need a example i meant the crate on snowplow that you can get ontop if you use a teleporter.

Last edited:

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
A blog dedicated to hammer, neat.
As for a topic, make something about height and how you can exploit your self somewhere with the power of engineer buildings.

EDIT. If you need a example i meant the crate on snowplow that you can get ontop if you use a teleporter.

I like that idea, I'll see what I can cook up

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
If you're going to talk about health and ammo placement, you ought to use Valve maps or release candidates as your case studies. An early alpha is a terrible example since it has little or no testing and pickups are prone to adjustments.

MaccyF

Notoriously Unreliable
aa
Mar 27, 2015
I like the idea and content, but the colour scheme and font choices are godawful and make your stuff a pain to read.

I'd suggest switching to the colour scheme valve uses for their blog posts: Dark grey background, Light cream foreground and black text :D

Alternatively use the reds and blues in the TF2 colour palette.

Also sans-serif fonts are easier to read on a screen

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I like the idea and content, but the colour scheme and font choices are godawful and make your stuff a pain to read.

I'd suggest switching to the colour scheme valve uses for their blog posts: Dark grey background, Light cream foreground and black text :D

Alternatively use the reds and blues in the TF2 colour palette.

Also sans-serif fonts are easier to read on a screen

I used a lot of the team colors, though I still don't really like the color palette. Imma keep workin at it until I find something that is good.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Oh yeah, I re-did the colors and added some additional things! The Blog should look a lot LOT better now....

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
If you're going to talk about health and ammo placement, you ought to use Valve maps or release candidates as your case studies. An early alpha is a terrible example since it has little or no testing and pickups are prone to adjustments.

Gorge is a similasr example since the health is under the first point on the bridge.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I have been lookin at Fantasmos' little post about map goals recently, and I think I am going to write an article seeing if designing with goals makes your map truly better.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I'm bringing this bitch back form the dead, what are some topics you guys would like to see?

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Welp, I wanted to make some absolutely gorgeous backgrounds for the blog. Blogger said no, and shoved a cactus up my ass. So, with my ass still bleeding, I broke up with Blogger and went and made a new site.

http://moonrat.github.io/blog/

It's still a W.I.P, but it's already cooler than the old Cordonation. I'm currently porting the threads over and making it a bit prettier.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Alright, got the background working, now gotta get shit to make the text readable

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
I already sad it on the group chat, but just in case you forget: Player Flow would be a good topic.