CP ConvenientCover

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
Damn dude, why did you every abandon this? This has the potential to be amazing.

Hell, send me the bsp and I can detail it.

The map was made extremely sloppily (with very limited use of func_details). Also the map could be hard to optimize around second. I'm tempted to redo this map from scratch though, with a different last point (something that isn't essentially just badlands last) and also with the dam idea removed (making optimization a bit easier and also streamlining the layout a bit). Also I'd narrow down the connector between last and second.

I think Idolon was working on this, but I haven't seen any updates on his detailing lately.

So if people want this map remade, please tell me so and I'll probably end up doing that.

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I haven't touched my detail pass of the map in a long time, but I might pick it up again eventually. I did some basic optimization work around 2nd, so I might post the vmf so you can take a look and see what I did.

That being said, my detail pass wasn't that great (I want to redo a lot of it), so if you do decide to redo the whole map from scratch, I wouldn't be upset.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Hey, this map is original, out-there, and something that was not on the basic framework on the how-to guide for 5-cp.

So, I recommend 1 of 2 things:
A: Remake the map from scratch with similar ideas and elements in mind
B: Keep working at it! You're a much more experienced mapper since the last time you worked on this, as you proved with coalbed, so I'm confident that you can make it work.

If you choose B- I would highly recommend you put potential fixes in a notebook, if you don't already. That way you can have all your ideas down in one place and address the pros and cons to each. And if all else fails, ask the community which they think would help best.

Either way, this map is wicked cool, so keep at it! :)