Controll points (I need help)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Jag, May 28, 2008.

1. Jag

Jag L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Okay heres ther deal im working on a Extremelly revolutionary map ! its amazing, (to me i think you will find it to) it was designed to me an VIP map for CSS but i re-configed it to suit Team FOrtress 2, i need this help

I want to make the map Dustbowl-Gravelpit style (Blu Captures points which red Cant take back)

All i did what put all the points with Heirarchy Point 1 > 2 > 3 for blue ye but i can not be bothered to compile the map because it takes ages
    (i need to re-install steam)

Can i be redirected to an existing post of this or can sm1 post a few tips of what to do to achive a Dustbowl like map

Thank you

2. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Hrm, your compile times at this stage should not take ages... Look up the use of func_details

Anyway, Dustbowl stage style is called Attack/Defend. The tutorials are pretty easy to find, try the tutorial section or the valve developer community http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page

3. mavadosh

mavadosh L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    When you compile deselect run game, in the first few lines you make have something saying XXXXXX leaked! if so you need to go map -> load point file, if you have leak you need to block it up as it will make ur compile time longer

when you do load point file you will get a red line follow that to the leak and block it, then compile again and if u have another leak then unload point file and load it again so you can find the next leak

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  4. Brandished

Brandished L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  5. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    moved to appropriate forum

6. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    Aww.... I wanted to exercise my authority....

[​IMG]

7. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    to add to this, I've picked up some invaluable compiling strategies in the last month. maybe they could be of use to you

In normal compile settings (bsp, vis, rad)
    fastest method to test for leaks: bsp=normal; vis=no; rad=no; don't run game after compiling; look at the top of compile log for **** leaked ***** message. if it's not there you are in the clear

quickest compile for playable map (full bright): (same as above) bsp=normal; vis=no; rad=no

to compile only a portion of your map:
    Cordon tool - amazing tool
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Jag

Positive Ratings:
    i know i usually compile with Vis and Rad on fast i have a softWare bug with SDK i need to re-install it its my problem it takes even a little cube 100x100 to compile for ages !!! i am re-installing my system soon Fashing everything, and Steam folder goes with it :) (im interested in the cordon tool methods have not used them i used to do everthing the barberic way

Create a new Sub_map and test different aspects on a 1024x1024 box (im so barberian :)

9. Jag

Positive Ratings:
    I have loads of bugs with Steam and Hammer After i messed round with my Config to create "LEGAL" aim hacks and now i messed up steam, :) but my hack works :)