Control Point model

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Asylum, Feb 14, 2016.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    So it's like this:

I need the names of the models of the control point holograms- the neutral hologram, the red hologram, and the blu hologram. I've looked all over the model browser, but can only find the neutral point hologram. They've gotta be somewhere in there, right?

2. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs Bad at TF2, Loves Mapping For TF2

Positive Ratings:
    The other holograms are skins.

I don't know how to use them, as I don't edit KoTH/CP/Arena logic much, but each team's hologram is just a skin of the neutral one.

3. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    They have different shapes, don't they? If they do, they probably have different models

4. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    If you're looking to use them in your map and you don't want them to change, just make them a real capture point owned by the team you want, and make no capture area trigger.

5. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Won't it be shown on HUD?

6. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, you're right... didn't think of that.
    Looking at a team_control_point, it says the model is cappoint_hologram.mdl no matter what team owns it.

7. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    TF2 can only have 8 max control points, and I'm doing something extremely unconventional. Something that, using real control points, would take about 12.

8. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Just to clarify, the model uses bodygroups to change the shape based on who owns it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Wasn't the limit of 8 control points recently disproved in a discussion on this site recently?

10. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    So how does one get all 3 versions (neutral, red, blu) to work in SFM? All I can find is the neutral one and there's no conceivable way to get them to change.

11. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    That's the ticket. 1 turns it neutral, 2 turns it red, 3 turns it blu, and 0 turns it invisible.

12. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    I tested it personally and found that 7 points works fine while 9 points crashes the game. So that basically threw my April Fool's idea out the window.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Luigi1000

Luigi1000 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I actually found out the hard way and proved that any amount greater than 8 team_control_points in a map (even properly setup with right id's and settings) will indeed crash a map on tf2 trying to load both server and client side. Valve probably only defined 1 byte to address each of the CP's in a map and the highest count for cp's in a stock map is usually around 6.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    Of course the wiki page still insists otherwise.

15. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    The limit of eight control points can't be changed with less than editing and recompiling the game c++ code. You can find why if you look in the source code for the game that they've published.

16. MaccyF

aa MaccyF Notoriously Unreliable

Positive Ratings: