Control point map is crashing, in need of advice!

The_Evil_Pickle

L2: Junior Member
Mar 19, 2015
I'm working on my map for the dynamic CP competition, and everything has been going smoothly, up until I finished adding in the control points themselves. These control points are the only thing I've added since the last not-crashing version, so I suspect they are to blame. It ran fine while there were just a few of the points created, and none of the new points do anything different, so the only thing I can think of is that I put too many in. Is there some sort of limit on the number of control points that can be put on a map? Or maybe something special that needs to be done for a map to accommodate a ton of control points?

For reference, my map uses a bit of a custom game-mode in which each team has their own set of 20 control points, which can only be captured by members of that team. The first team to capture all 20 of thier control points wins. Each control point does something different to the map, helping out the team that captured it in some way. In total, the map will have 41 control points. At the moment, it has 21. The last stable version I tried had about 5 or something like that, and the earliest crashing one I compiled had ~15.

I've checked the compile logs, and they are completely error-free. I've tried compiling and playing the map on two different computers, each of which had the same results.

Thanks for any help!

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
TF2 only supports a maximum of 8 control points. While that's not the only cause of map crashes, you absolutely must reduce the number of control points you're using.