Control Point issues.

Killobot

L1: Registered
Jun 9, 2009
Hey hey.
my search-fu seems to be off today, can't find anything about this so starting a new thread, my apologies if this issue has already been addressed.

I'm in the process of creating my first map in Hammer right now which i want to have 3 control points.
I've made sure to give all three unique names (control_point_A, control_point_B, & control_point_C), I've given each one a separate index number as well (0, 1, & 2), and made sure that their individual cp bases and triggers correspond to each correctly.
The issue i am having is with capturing. When I go in the map for testing the only CP either team can capture is control_point_A (index 0).

"A" (index 0) is set so BLU can cap it immediately, and so that RED needs to have already capped "B" (index 1) and "C" (index 2).

"B" (index 1) is set so BLU can only cap it if they have already capped "A" (index 0), and RED can onl cap it if they have already capped "C" (index 2)

Finally "C" (index 2) is set so that RED can cap it immediately, and BLU must already be in control of both "A" (index 0) and "B" (index 1).

If anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.
If you need more information just tell me what you need to know.
This is frustrating me a bit since I'm still new to using Hammer (and the Source SDK in general) and I've been having trouble finding any help topics dealing with an issue like this.

Thanks in advance.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
If you have the previous required points set properly like that... all I can think of is the trigger_capture_areas, are they all set so both teams are allowed to cap?

Killobot

Jun 9, 2009
just checked, and yeah, all 3 trigger areas are set so either team can cap.
The problem I seem to be having right now is that I really don't know *what* the problem even is. :/
I'm adding some screen shots here of the properties for all 3 CPs and the CP Master's properties. Maybe that will help?

CPA.jpg

CPB.jpg

CPC.jpg

CP_Master.jpg

Edit: adding screen caps of the triggers as well.

CPAtrigger.jpg

CPBtrigger.jpg

CPCtrigger.jpg

Edit 2:

Alright just tested it again. BLU is able to cap all 3 points (in sequential order), but red is incapable of capturing any of them. o_O
I'm not exactly sure why that is, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should leave it like that and set it up so that at the end of each round teams are automatically switched so that RED is always the defender and BLU has to cap all the points before time runs out. >_>

Last edited:

Outscisor

May 27, 2009
Without knowing anything about your map, I just want to say that no, I don't think you should just leave it like that. You've obviously designed the map to be played in the way you wanted originally, and I really think you should stick with that, and not just break when something doesn't work. Honestly, when you've finished it'll be much better if you do it the way you wanted to, not cut back on everything that doesn't work straight away.