Control Point HUD Layout

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Half-Life_Maniac

L3: Member
Nov 30, 2007
Hello,

My first problem for you is so;
I've got 5 command points which I want to layout on the HUD sort of like this:

1_2
_3_
4_5

Instead of the usual 1 2 3 4 5

I know that I'm supposed to use the "cap layout" field of the team_control_point_master, but I've only got strange results so far. The format I've used is "1 2,3,4 5"

B

boooooom3

The CP index starts with a "0", not with "1".
So it should be "0 1,2,3 4". :)

Hampster

L1: Registered
Nov 29, 2007
Try using the square brackets, e.g. <1 2, 3, 4 5>

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
That's only if you actually gave your first cap point an index of 0. My first starts at 1.
You must start at 0. It's just the way it's coded (and lots of code related things like to have stuff start at 0)
Brackets are not needed, they just used them in the entity description.

Half-Life_Maniac

Nov 30, 2007
Well, my current test map has the first cap point with an index of 1, and I have not seen any problems so far. I used an index of 0 in the past (since I did read somewhere that you should) but that was before I redid all my points and got them working. I'll see what happens if I do use 0...

Also, A Boojum Snark- I remember you from teh VERC!

[UPDATE] Well, would you look at that. It actually works! Got the HUD, and my non-linear cap points are still working.

Last edited:

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
Actually, checking Valve maps, they start their indexes at 1, not 0.

Incidentally, I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem getting fixed, but I noticed on gravelpit the new line had a space after the comma, while the sequence in your original post has no spaces after the commas. It may just simply be a matter of parsing.

Half-Life_Maniac

Nov 30, 2007
I used the same string as posted above. All I changed on the map is the index of each of the command points (starting at 0).