Control point doors

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kronack, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Kronack

Kronack L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have the 5 point control point scheme in my map working, but how do I make it so certain doors won't open unless they control a certain point? Can't seem to find a guide for this

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    trigger_capture_area > OnCapTeam# (1 = red, 2 = blu) > trigger_multiple for the door > Disable or Enable

Unless you meant only the owning team can open them, then you would make a filter_activator_tfteam and set the Associated Control Point, then set the door's trigger to use that filter.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. Kronack

Positive Ratings:
    So using the filter activator tfteam, I can apply it to a func_door for blu that I only want accessible when the center point is controlled by blu,

Still bad at entities :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  4. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, use a filter set to the blu team (you can use the same filter used for your spawn doors, I assume you have one) on the trigger_multiple for the door, then use the first example I gave to enable/disable the trigger entirely. Then only blu can open it when they own the point, and when red owns it nobody can open the door.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Zarokima

Zarokima L69: Deviant Member

Positive Ratings:
    Small correction: 1 is RED, 2 is BLU.

6. Kronack

Positive Ratings:
    One last thing, I'm assuming "OnBreakTeam" means when they lose the point?
    Also those doors I use that on should be locked from map start?

EDIT: AAARGH can't seem to get this to work

EDIT again, HOOORAH, figured it out. Thanks again :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  7. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    The Break output refers to when the capture is interrupted by a defending stepping on the point. There is no output for losing the point, you just have to use "other team took it".

8. Draco18s

Draco18s L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I still haven't figured out what you could use the "onBreakTeam" output for aside from some possible environmental widgets that wouldn't impact gameplay.
    I suspect that it's there just so that the engine can hook into it to display the "blocked capture" message.