Contest extension announced!

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by YM, Dec 3, 2008.

1. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Due to a large proportion of people wanting more time for the payload contest I'm pushing the deadline back to 00:00 on the 15th of January (GMT) (6PM on the 14th US Central time)

That should give everyone enough time to complete their entry a bit better, of course you can still enter an unfinished map and work on it later but judging will be based off your unfinished entry.
    Once I've got all the map submitted I'll bundle them all into a map pack and try and publicise them as best as I can (that means putting them on FPSB etc...) I'd encourage you to do the same. Hopefully though this we can get them on as many servers as possible for us all to try them out.

You can find the contest info and all discussion about it here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=3707

Good luck again to everyone working on an entry, I can't wait to see them all finished. :thumbup1:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Good to know. Thanks Youme!

3. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Very cool. I'm sure the extra 2 weeks will be put to good use :)

4. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    :) Extra time for some fine *cough* tuning

5. Scotland Tom

Scotland Tom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, I have been playing around with a payload map, but I'm not anywhere even close to thinking about getting an alpha out, so I don't think the extension will help me at all no matter how much I'd like to enter the contest. Good luck to everyone who will be taking part though!

6. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    can I make a single stage version of haywood and submit that? :p

7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, we've not set any restrictions on when you started working on the map so cutting down a larger map is fine. I'd recommend you give it a different name to the three stage version though.