Contest Events

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Icarus, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    How are contest events planned? do you guys have a schedule or is it a spur-of-the-moment sort of thing? Who gets to start contest events?
    I'm wondering because my personal schedule is busy everyday, but I'm a little flexible. I can make it to contest events if I had prior knowledge when they would begin.
    It's important that I can play the maps as much as I can before the voting thread comes up, and some structure or warning would help a lot.

2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    As far as i can tell it's when ever chat is full enough to warrant a spur of the moment test, ontop of the gamedays having been replaced for 2 weeks by this contest rotation. Buuuut, probably best for an admin to confirm that. I havn't been able to attend yet.. but hopefully next week. I didn't manage to participate in creating a map, the least i can do is cast a vote and appreciate the incredible amount of effort that everyone else has applied.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    This. Gamedays have been temporarily replaced w/ contest testing. Beyond that, it's basically whenever enough people feel like getting in some more play time. Grab 5 friends, and the server usually fills up by itself. If any of the staff are available, you can ask for a Steam announcement as well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Myth, only works for very well known maps

But yeah, I am virtually always available to play if I'm online, and ive been enjoying the event every day thing up until today <_<
    People just don't like tuesdays for gaming for some reason

And im pretty sure booj has been switching up the rotation frequently so all the maps get played. Though I'm not liking that I still haven't played slate :p

5. Hanz

aa Hanz Ravin' Rabbid

Positive Ratings:
    I started one big contest testing 3 days ago I think, all the maps got tested. :p But that event wasn't planned before though.

Edit: What Immortal said, is kinda true, since I started with a few people to search some bugs in a map, and the server filled up after 30 minutes. :p

6. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Contest Testing hasn't *replaced* Gameday as far as I can tell. I was under the impression that it would literally replace Gameday for 2 weeks.

7. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    The idea, as far as me stopping gameday testing, wasn't to replace those events with contest ones, but merely to prevent overload of times/reasons to play lessening how much the contest maps got played.

• Thanks Thanks x 1