Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by Kill_the_Bug, Oct 17, 2008.
wrong forum - I moved it here
Well, judging by the screenshots (which incidentally you should have put here):
- Half-Life textures instead of TF2 textures. That's bad, because they don't fit. They also prevent you from joining the contest, of which one rule explicitly requires the usual TF2 theme to be used.
- It's all squared. Make displacements out of these cliffs, they look completely unrealistic.
- Regarding the fire torches: where does the fire actually come from? These look like there should be charcoals inside the upper cone or something like that.
- The bridge looks rigid. Isn't it supposed to be a rope bridge?
- There a track alignement problem in your first screenshot, the 90°angle is several units to the right of the straight section.
I'm still a noob you want pics here - how?
How am I to tell? I just opened hameer under the orange box specifications asumed they were all TF2 - How do you confiure hammer then?
I did, maybe I should make them more radical maybe? Maybe it's the texture choice? They look like rocks in hammer and more like green growing stuff in game - any ideas what's happening there?
Wasn't sure how much they would add to file size - I think I have about 50 of them in the map
yes a rope can we make it movable in TF2?
will check it out
Thanks for the feedback - this is my very first large map Good for a noob?
Use the [ img ] tag (no spaces), like in every other forum, to make the picture appear in your thread.
Well, I'm tempted to say that if you have played TF2 (which I assume you have ), you know what TF2 textures look like...
But if you want to be sure, in the hammer texture browser, you have a "keyword" box on the bottom, just type "tf" in that to filter them. (note that this will also exclude some perfectly good TF2 textures that haven't been properly keyworded, but not the opposite - all textures seen with this filter on are good).
The perfect solution for this is a custom model, but that's... complicated. But beter increase map size than leave them as they are.
Every single one of us is mortified when he looks back at his first map, chances are you will not be an exception
have you gone on the bridge yet? I won't say anything cause of a potential spoiler but can you combine entities together when making a rope bridge?
I haven't downloaded the map actually, I was just giving impressions from screenshots. And I don't really understand your question? What kind of entities do you wan to combine? Ropes are physic objects, so the answer is probably yes.
I'll pm you
are the following textures legal?
Well, all textures that don't end up purple-checkerboarded are "legal". It's just about fitting the TF2 style. And yes, they do.
Separate names with a comma.