Contemplating a dedicated server...

Galago

L2: Junior Member
Sep 29, 2008
I'm contemplating paying for a dedicated server. I'm thinking ~20 people max w/ teamspeak... it will turn out to around 20 bucks a month... and none of friends will split the bill. :glare: If I DID go for the server, I'd use DIFFERENT maps, not just 2fort ;P, and I'd offer it for beta testing maps from my fellows here at TF2maps.

So my actual question is... is it really worth it? Would I get enough people to support me and play on my server, or will it get ignored along side the other zillion other empty servers out there?

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

Last edited:

flubber

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2007
I'm contemplating paying for a dedicated server. I'm thinking ~20 people max w/ teamspeak... it will turn out to around 20 bucks a month... and none of friends will split the bill. :glare: If I DID go for the server, I'd use DIFFERENT maps, not just 2fort ;P, and I'd offer it for beta testing maps from my fellows here at TF2maps.

So my actual question is... is it really worth it? Would I get enough people to support me and play on my server, or will it get ignored along side the other zillion other empty servers out there?

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

Well after one year of TF2 i guess people have found their regular server, i got a 1500 membrers community from a french paper mag and server are always full. In order to make a server get full today i guess you really have to make a difference (or make it boring with 2fort and orangecrapX i guess).

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
well...ive got a 24 slot server, that i never use and figure I might as well get some use out of it...so im contemplating giving a few people full access to its contents...
so...if you want to try running a server for awhile without paying, pm me