Concrete in alpine environment?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by cornontheCoD, Nov 13, 2008.

1. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys.

So, I'm working on an alpine setting map, and I am having trouble coming up with ideas for some hallways. No, this is not a map of just square hallways and rooms. I just have a few "hallways", and I already have used a lot of my ideas. I am wondering if I should use concrete for a hallway in my map (think the hallways in gravelpit). I know valve didn't use much concrete textures in lumberyard, so I try to use as little as possible in the alpine setting. I just don't want it to not seem to fit for the map. The rest of the map is wooden buildings with some metal.

2. Earl

Earl L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think if you use the lightest concrete, it would look OK. Just experiment.

3. Zwiffle

Zwiffle L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah don't worry what Valve did/didn't do in their maps. Just try it, and if you think it looks good keep it.

4. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    The use of concrete textures in an alpine themed map is not what i would call out of place exactly.

I believe the spawns in arena lumberyard had concrete in them?

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

5. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Pretty much all the TF2 textures blend together when used correctly. Just experiment. ;)

6. laghlagh

laghlagh L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yes this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1