Computer Screen Bank

Model Computer Screen Bank 1.0

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Void and Rexy are back with another unfinished Valve model! It's that fabled Computer Screen Bank! We all know how much everyone loves this model, but hate to see it blank and untextured. So the duo that brought you the textured decontamination nozzles return with this model, equipped with four skins! Two of which have animated components!

Computer Screens Textured

Release: July 18th, 2010
Author: Mesh: Valve Software, skins and animation by Void, Rexy
E-mail: flux.compacitor@gmail.com, Kreeger242@live.missouristate.edu

Zip contains:

*This fantastic readme file!
*6 model files (485 kb)
*18 texture files (4.5 mb)

Extract to: "SteamApps\[username]\team fortress 2\tf" directory to install.

**YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY ANY OF THE FILES FOUND WITHIN THE ARCHIVE, OR REDISTRIBUTE.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
DogBread33.jpg

Dog%20Bread

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
...I can see people wanting to customize the screens... It might be a good idea to use two separate textures for the screens and the hardware.

._.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
One question, are we allowed to use this for the contest?

Custom content is allowed as long as you have permission and keep in mind that you or the author of the content will be required to provide the sourcefiles if your entry wins. Which means everything in the downloads section is fair game, granted that you can get the author to provide the sourcefiles.

Jakkarra

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 26, 2009
Exquisite. You even made the rusted/dilapidated versions!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I don't understand, steve. What difference does it make whether it's one or two textures? It would be the same work to edit the screens.

Because the textures are compressed. Pulling the already-compressed texture, editing it, and recompressing it is going to cause unnecessary loss of detail.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Because the textures are compressed. Pulling the already-compressed texture, editing it, and recompressing it is going to cause unnecessary loss of detail.

From the OP:
**YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY ANY OF THE FILES FOUND WITHIN THE ARCHIVE, OR REDISTRIBUTE.

Kind of renders the discussion of modifying the files irrelevant, no?

Great work guys, thanks for the model / textures. :)

Quick question, are any of the screens animated?

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009

I think this is unnecessary work for the authors. If you really, desperately need to change one of the screens because otherwise your first born will be sacrificed to Cthulu or something, because that is the only fathomable reason as to why you would need to change the screens, you can make your own texture and place a brush over one of the monitors.

combine

L3: Member
Apr 21, 2010
I would like at least 6 more skins for this, 2 more red ones and 2 more blue ones as well as at least 2 more gray ones.One broken down skin for each,red and blue have blood on them or something.For the fixed up ones, different screens, i can get screen shots of the map.Or pics of the world.The only 2 screens that i do not care about would be the big middle one and the one from 2fort.Pm me for further details.