Computer build

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grim Tuesday, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    So, Wasted was in chat earlier saying that he was building a computer, or something like that, so I put together a build for him. However, everyone is too lazy to create an account on newegg to be able to view, it, so im posting it here:

Case: NZXT BETA EVO
    Mobo: MSI 770-G45 AM3 AMD 770
    GPU: MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB
    PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W
    Proc: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
    RAM: Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
    HDD : HITACHI Deskstar HD31000 IDK/7K (0S00163) 1TB 7200 RPM

This all comes out to $911.92, before shipping, but with $75 of mail in rebates, so thats $836. Most things I chose had free shipping (case has $2, almost free) , so it probably ends up around $845. He said that his budget was 800, maybe a bit over.

Can anyone make a build to beat this?

2. WastedMeerkat

WastedMeerkat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I ended up going with everything he posted but the HDD... some people had posted that it was unreliable, so I went and picked a Seagate that had the same exact specs for the same price. I have a Seagate external HDD, and it's really reliable, so I trust it more than that Japanese mumbo-jumbo.

EDIT: Also, the case is much cheaper on Amazon, but only because NZXT sucks at mail-in rebates.
    EDIT 2: Turns out the mail-in rebate is over and the case is just being sold at $45, so... \o/

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  3. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's a nice rig, If you're not aiming to overclock. I might start looking for upgrades, and will probably come back here for a reference.