Complie Error, Not Sure What The Issue Is

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by SirFatalx, Oct 21, 2009.

1. SirFatalx

SirFatalx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am not sure why this is happening. I went to go compile my map, and I get this error.
    If someone can give me advice, that would be great. I have only been using hammer for about a month, so I am unaware of what the problem is. I have tried patching the problems with the built-in "Check for Problems", but that didn't seem to work.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. strangemodule

strangemodule L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Run it through the interlopers compile log checker (it's a sticky), cause boy, got some problems.

3. SirFatalx

SirFatalx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The only thing it mentioned is not to compile it under VVIS Fast.

I found the problem. I used the clip texture as invisible walls, and I guess that wasn't a good idea. I removed them, and it complied just fine. I need to find some way to make high walls that are invisible, that you can shoot through, but not go through them. Also tried player clip, but that caused graphic problems.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  4. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Clip caused problems? How odd, and how do you mean player clip causes graphcis problems?

5. MoonQuake

MoonQuake L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Clip brush causing a vbsp error? Odd.

vbsp stopped at checking for displacement neighbors...

Before going for vvis.exe, it should've done
    Lightmaps sample positions
    Displacement alpha
    Building physics collision data
    ..etc...

Since it stopped at Lightmaps sample positions, it could be that you just didn't run vrad when you said it finally worked?

I'd be looking for a newly modified/added displacement object, or at the lighting of the map.

6. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    I get an odd error and when i look at compile checker it just says something about skybox is not a hdr texture

7. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's the skybox cubemap thng i get it too and so does my bro how do you fix this

8. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    You don't fix it. It's not even a problem. It happens with every Source map ever.