Compiling a map ONLY to change the timer

Puddy

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2008
I've got a full-compiled TF2 map that we playtested during a LAN just recently. We found that the blu team had a very hard time getting the job done with the short round time.

I've changed the time and I wan't to compile now but don't want to do a full again. I tried "only entities" but that bitched around with VVIS so that the map didn't split itself up properly.

Am I doing it wrong or is it impossible?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You have to run bsp with only entities then vvis set to 'no' and rad set to 'no'

Puddy

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2008
I did just that. I noticed that a building from the second area is visible from the first and thus drew the conclusion that vvis hade changed. Mat_wireframe agreed.

teddyruxpin

Sr. Hygiene Technician
Mar 24, 2008
Open up the existing 'good' BSP file you have with 'EntEd' and then find the timers you are looking for using the 'Find' (Ctrl+F). Once you adjust the timers as you need them save the file and then place it on your server. The server should play off the updated timers and prevent everyone from having to download the file again.

You can also use plain old notepad for this but I would EntEd to be on the safe side. I use it all the time to adjust existing maps to suite my servers mods.

Linky:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/EntEd

-Teddy