Compiler seeing no existent leaking entity

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by DJ Sylveon, Apr 24, 2016.

1. DJ Sylveon

DJ Sylveon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    So basically I was re working a map and changed its skybox and decided to make sure I wasn't getting leaks. I did the BSP compile only and it said it found a leak for a trigger_hurt outside of the skybox so I check the location the compiler gave me. Nothing was there. I even made sure by selecting the area and clicking around. I open the point file. Pointed to the spot it thought it was at and then pointed straight up. There is only one real trigger_hurt on my map and that is well inside the map. Any ideas how to fix this?

2. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    the origin would be outside the map. To fix this, go into 'groups' selecting mode and select the trigger_hurt. Then if you zoom out on all your 2D views, you will see a little circle outside the map where it says it is leaking. drag that back to the trigger hurt and you will be golden.

3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    trigger_hurts, and many other brush entities (but not all) have an origin.
    use :helpers: to turn helpers on, then select the brush, you should see a blue sphere. Drag that sphere back into the brush. Alternatively use tools > 'centre origins' with the brush selected.

4. DJ Sylveon

Positive Ratings:
    Nope. The circle is within the trigger_hurt. I checked the other triggers too and they all have their circles in them.

5. DJ Sylveon

Positive Ratings:
    Found it. Leak fixed.