CompilePal ERROR

EmNudge

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 23, 2015
recently I keep getting a seemingly random error when trying to compile maps with compilepal:
d82e496c9aefd5dcd04202550ae57600.png

That happens at the end of the process and seems to skip cubemap building. Since it's repacked at the end, I'd have to un-repack it to build it and then repack it again - super frustrating.

In a seemingly unrelated manner it also seems to not pack map assets as of recently, but that's been happening for a month while that cubemap error I got yesterday.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
I think I had that error recently after moving my Steam and TF2 directories. CompilePalX was pointing to old tool locations so I deleted the file containing tool paths and it worked.

EmNudge

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 23, 2015
I think I had that error recently after moving my Steam and TF2 directories. CompilePalX was pointing to old tool locations so I deleted the file containing tool paths and it worked.
you mean deleting gameconfig.json? wouldn't that just throw another error?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Why don't you try it and find out?

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
It didn't throw any extra error, seems it's auto-generated, but it did still throw the usual one. Nothing fixed it seems.
I have never been able to run compile pal after exporting it and it's files out to a location(because of errors like this), I instead just run it straight from WinRAR. Maybe that might help you as well

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014