CompilePal ERROR

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 【EmNudge】, Jun 23, 2017.

1. 【EmNudge】

【EmNudge】 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    recently I keep getting a seemingly random error when trying to compile maps with compilepal: [​IMG]

That happens at the end of the process and seems to skip cubemap building. Since it's repacked at the end, I'd have to un-repack it to build it and then repack it again - super frustrating.

In a seemingly unrelated manner it also seems to not pack map assets as of recently, but that's been happening for a month while that cubemap error I got yesterday.

2. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    I think I had that error recently after moving my Steam and TF2 directories. CompilePalX was pointing to old tool locations so I deleted the file containing tool paths and it worked.

3. 【EmNudge】

Positive Ratings:
    you mean deleting gameconfig.json? wouldn't that just throw another error?

4. worMatty

Positive Ratings:
    Why don't you try it and find out?

5. 【EmNudge】

Positive Ratings:
    It didn't throw any extra error, seems it's auto-generated, but it did still throw the usual one. Nothing fixed it seems.

6. DrSquishy

DrSquishy L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have never been able to run compile pal after exporting it and it's files out to a location(because of errors like this), I instead just run it straight from WinRAR. Maybe that might help you as well

7. worMatty

Positive Ratings:
  8. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    That's an error with the source engine not compilepal. (could also be config error but the crash is definitely happening in valve's ballpark)