Compile times

Chro

L1: Registered
Mar 26, 2008
I've looked around and i get a gist of 1-2 hours for a full compile on an average map. I have a map basically completely done, I've been doing fast compiles the entire time. On the building portals part i got from 2...3 in a about 8 hours when i was sleeping. It is a larger map, I've checked for leaks and there are none, double checked having no draws behind displacements and changed my map a bit to reduce the visleafs generated. Is there anything else this could be? I have a feeling I'm going to have to do hints in the map to help speed this process up but want to see if I'm missing anything huge.

Chro

L1: Registered
Mar 26, 2008
yea, i've read up on that. func_detail'ed the hell outta my map. The next step is to do hints, my map has only few small doorways and even then they dont lead to much. So i don't think area portals can apply to well to it. I understand hints in an basic way like described in that tutorial. I have an upper area in the map that looks down on the lower and that really confuses me on how to do hints. Oh, my map is a remake of 0fear from WF and WFA. I'll post it if anyone is intrested.