Compile Pal crashing when compiling a map.

red3pit

High on melancholy
aa
Dec 3, 2016
As title says. Whenver I try to compile my map in compile pal, it just crashes right after:
"Loading:/folders/blah/blah/ctf_ravine_event_v4
K"
Tried renaming the file, moving it to somewhere else, pasting into new file and compiling with different settings, but it all ended up with crash. I also tried with vmf's of other maps and they were compiling just fine, so I'm assuming it has something to do with this one file.
I don't really want to share the vmf file publicly, so if you'd like to look into it, pm me.

Glubbable

L2: Junior Member
Sep 1, 2013
Have you tried running it through hammers standard compiler? It might be some really obscure issue.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
@fubarFX version.txt still says 024 after the update.
Clicking on the update notification in the tool does nothing.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
@fubarFX version.txt still says 024 after the update.
Clicking on the update notification in the tool does nothing.
yeah we forgot to update version.txt, you can bump it to 25 yourself and that will stop the update message until v26

red3pit

High on melancholy
aa
Dec 3, 2016
Okay, so now it got stuck on making cubemaps. Last few minutes it just stayed in menu and nothing happpened.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
usually, the game will display the menu for a while during map loading (keep in mind that tf2 loading times can be pretty abysmal). A good way to know for sure what is going on is to look at the game console to see if anything is actually happening. Could be that the map was not found or something

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
I thought about writing a pull request that would run the game client in textmode, but while you can do that for nav generation (and I already did a pull request for that) I think HDR can't be done in text mode for obvious reasons.

(In text mode, you only see the console.)