Compile error

Pocket ĎeeŘ

L1: Registered
Mar 7, 2016
At compilation of the map, I had had here such mistake. Help me something please. In advance many thanks :3

** Executing...
** Command: "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Mar 2 2016)
2 threads
materialPath: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust.vmf
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 10, brush 91)

** Executing...
** Command: "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Mar 2 2016)
2 threads
reading d:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust.bsp
Error opening d:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Mar 2 2016)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
unknown light specifier type - lights

[56 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading d:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust.bsp
Error opening d:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_simpledust.bsp" "D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps\cp_simpledust.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"Не удается найти указанный файл." //// "It isn't possible to find the specified file." (I have translated it from Russian therefore forgive me with c: )

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
You have an entity tied to a displacement. Source doesn't support that.

Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 10, brush 91)

You can search for an individual brush via the top tool bar, although I forget which option it is. Once you've found you displacement, select it, then press ctrl+shift+w to move it back to the world (this unties it from any entities). EDIT actually, do what Killohurtz pointed out. It's way easier, although a displacement can disguise itself as a normal brush if it hasn't been displaced up or down.

Also, next time you have something like this pop up, post your compile log here. It's an automated error checker that'll tell you the same thing I told you right now.

Last edited:

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Alt+P does not actually report displacements tied to entities. The easiest way to find them is to use visgroups:
  1. Go to your visgroups toolbar and uncheck everything except Func Detail
  2. Look around your map for any displacements
  3. Use Ctrl+Shift+W or the toWorld button to revert the displacement(s) to a world brush

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
If you can't find the displacement with Killohurtz's method, press ctrl+shift+g to go to the brush number, in this case 91.

Pocket ĎeeŘ

L1: Registered
Mar 7, 2016
If you can't find the displacement with Killohurtz's method, press ctrl+shift+g to go to the brush number, in this case 91.
"That brush ID does not exist"... I will check in "interlopes" and he's sayd "
error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 10, brush 91)" too...

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
"That brush ID does not exist"... I will check in "interlopes" and he's sayd "
error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 10, brush 91)" too...
Well, that's because almost all of us here run it trough that website too. We're not walking dictionaries with all of the possible compile errors in our head, so we run posted compile logs trough that website as well. Some errors are easy to spot (like leaks or in this case entity displacements) but that's about it.

Did you try the method Killohurtz explained? It requires more flying around to look for the displacement in question, but that's a small price to pay if it fixes the error.