Compile Error, Nothing from Interlopers.net

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Eternal, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Eternal

Eternal L69: Deviant Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've never seen the "face vectors blah blah blah" error before, interlopers.net compiler doesn't say anything about it so I thought I'd ask here about it.

2. Cameron:D

Cameron:D L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a leak? Hit alt+p, any errors? If all else fails, find the brush and re make it.

3. Eternal

Positive Ratings:
    No leaks, the map looks fine when run as far as I can tell, it doesn't give me a brush # and alt+p shows nothing.

4. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    As Cameron said, remake the brush. I've had this problem before and it created horrible orangish lighting on the faces it complains about.

5. Eternal

Positive Ratings:
    ugh, well this will be fun finding out which brush it is then. cause I don't exactly compile after each brush I make and it doesn't list a number for the brush. :facepalm:

6. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Use the cordon bounds tool :)cordonedit:) to find the suspect brush.

7. Eternal

Positive Ratings:
    Thats what I'm doing right now, but its still a pain because I've been doing detailing on 2 buildings (frames, edgings, pillars, that kind of stuff) and so I've got around 80brushes to check over a 2000unit area.

8. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Run through it in a organised manner. Try turning off func_details and see what happens.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Eternal

Positive Ratings:
    Thats what I ended up doing, it took around 35minutes for me to find the brushes that were acting up. Oddly enough though it was 2 different brushes, both of which had been copy-pasted along with around 12 other copies of the same brush while I was making some of the wooden frames for the inside of a roof. Only 2 of them were messed up, and deleting those two and just re-copy pasting the EXACT SAME brush I had used originally fixed the problem.

~_~