Community Training Maps: Valve

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Is this just via sourcemod, or the entity in general? :(

The entity in general, Me and Drunken_F00l managed to narrow it down to simply not being transmitted (Which should be work-aroundable via SM) or the client doing an IsDecicatedServer() check before rendering it. - We'll know more once I manage to get someone else to join a listen server with it on.

Also, the "lifetime" keyvalue doesn't appear to work correctly, if at all. - I'm having to fire "Hide" at it instead.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Valve releases massively unfinished entites to the public; more at 11.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
I shall make a singleplayer campaign for TF2 now.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I think the best idea for this would be to do "advanced" training maps that works well for unlockable weapons, techniques such as rocketjumping (nothing crazy, just getting on top of stuff), airshots (let's have flying cardboard classes!), airblasting, that sort of thing. If Valve is still working on these they will be working on the most basic tutorials first, and it makes sense to have the community make the harder ones.

bubblewrap

L1: Registered
Jan 2, 2010
Some of the entities seem to be a bit temperamental at the moment :/

Either that, or I'm using them completely wrong

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Just how much control do they allow you to have over the bots?

the bot generator has: class, team, allowed to fire, go to action point, number alive at once, refire rate.

I think that's it. the action points work similarly to path_tracks but for bots.

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
spybvot.png

Yay!

Dr. KillPatient

L3: Member
May 10, 2009
Very interesting... Can the soldier/demo blast jump to action points, or is that still in the works?

bubblewrap

L1: Registered
Jan 2, 2010
That's what actual maps are used for, like they did with dustbowl. :bored:

It may end up being pretty redundant, but so far its the only map I've ever made that looks half good, so imma stick with it for now and see how it pans out :blink:

Also, tr_target basically only teaches you how to shoot. If you need a tutorial to tell you how to do that, I don't see why there shouldn't be one for this.

Last edited: