CTF Coffee A2

14Bit Style CTF, but inverted!

1. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    Coffee - 14Bit Style CTF, but inverted!

CTF_Coffee is a 14Bit style CTF where security in this downtown district gets a little hot when the intel is taken. But that I mean doors close when it's taken. It's not too complicated.

My first new map in 9 months. Lots of new ideas being tried here. One thing I kept in mind when designing this is how ctf can often dissolve into deathmatch or camping. Rather than combatting that, I made it Coffee's most important component. Map control.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Star Bright

Star Bright L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    It feels like there needs to be more ammo near the intel itself. The closest ammo pack is completely useless if the intel has been touched at all, and there's nothing inside those rather tiny intel rooms.
    It also feels like the upper doors that close off when the intel is taken needs another route up to them for defenders?

Edit: Literally right after I posted this went through the map again and somehow failed to notice the packs by the vent exit. Derp.
    Also, vent texture red side.

Edit 2: Feel like there should be some indication as to the proper way to carry the intel. Accidentally looped through the vents twice due to the layout.

3. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    This is one of my concerns right now, but im also trying to force people in the lower ground to past the defending teams spawn. It's risk reward. If not being able to easily get onto the highground is an issue in the first playtest ill add a route.

Not concerned with textures in alpha. As long as you understand its a vent, ive done my job.

4. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Just walked through the map. I have this feeling that a sentry nest inside the vent will be enough for a defence as it is realistically only way out. I mean, yes, you can take the route in front of the enemy spawn but then isn't it way too risky? What if you meet a backburner pyro when you are passing their gate? or any pyro. I think there should be another route.
    Also, snipers. I think their sightlines are a bit short and only useful in certain occasions.
    Other than those, I think this can be a good and compact ctf map. The fact that it is small makes it appealing for soldiers to take intels. Keep it up!

5. Aeix

Aeix L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    There is what looks like a 256 hu vertical difference between two paths in one of those screenshots.
    Although you won't take fall damage, bear in mind that there is a point at which vertical gameplay can become a little extreme :/
    Personally I try never to exceed 192 hu ledges, except for very specific circumstances.

6. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
  7. DaDema

DaDema L-3: Not very succesful map maker

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1