Coding & Scripting in TF2

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Chrazini, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Chrazini

Chrazini L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My friend and I has been mapping for CS:GO for a while, and as many of you probably know, you can use vscripts to create interesting stuff in your levels.

However, mapping for TF2 is a bit different. We know vscripting is out of the picture, but is there any kind of scripting going on in TF2, that you can ship with a custom level? Something you can compile into the BSP file.
    Any alternative maybe?

Thanks in advance :)

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, you still get to specify entities to instantiate in the map and the I/O connections between them.

3. MoonFox

MoonFox L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    As far as I know how to make, I can make scripted explosions using capture points, dynamic free event, I have no clue

4. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    While all input/output interaction between entities is concidered scripting I think, I don't think this is what he is looking for. He already has this in csgo mapping after all.

5. Chrazini

Chrazini L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am well aware of I/O connections between entities. However they can be quite limiting at times.
    I'm guessing there nothing available in the old engine that allows for coding.

Thanks for your replies.

6. Bogdy

Bogdy L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've heard vscripts in Left 4 Dead 2 can enforce a mutation or something like that.