CP Coalfields a5

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Prax1312, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Prax1312

Prax1312 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Coalfields a6

Standard, five points CP map. Remake of my previous map cp_snowroute_beta. I would appreciate any feedback, especially about gameplay.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. Waffe

Waffe L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    The area in the third screenshot looks rather large and open. Same with the fourth screenshot (which I assume is the final control point), there's absolutely no cover whatsoever.

4. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    Funny, because I was going to say that the map looks really cramped.

There are a few vacant areas but that's easy to fix with additional brush work down the road, but the areas around your capture zones look like death pits.. teams try to control that point and a crocket is going to clear the entire group out.

The mine town detailing looks pretty good, especially for an alpha. Your brick areas could do well with something to break up the textures down the road.. add some pillars to create some depth or punch holes to make windows or something.

5. radarhead

aa radarhead Level 20 "Mapper"

Positive Ratings:
    Xzzy, I think those "death pits" are actually wire or glass providing a view into a non-accessable pit.
    I think the map looks pretty nice, again, except for that third screenshot, which looks bland, uninspired, and empty. Teams will not have fun fighting there.

6. PunFunchy

PunFunchy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Looks beautiful! And that's not just bias because of my love for industrial maps..

7. Prax1312

Prax1312 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Alpha 6 is released.