Clue

Clue 2016-10-31

Sep 19, 2010
Clue - A small map created to play the board game Clue.

Probably never going to touch this again, but made it for a video and had some fun with it.

Credits:
Pte Jack for the refrigerator model.
Frontline! for the flower models used in the conservatory.
YM for the trim brushwork I blatantly stole from Mann Manor.

Here's the .vmf if anyone wants to do anything with it. Credit is appreciated.

Last edited:

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
Topdown screenshot looks like some form of DnD field. Looks nice anyways.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Does this belong under Non-Standard Maps? I'm not seeing any signs of a proper gamemode, and I'm not watching a 50 minute video just to find out what this even is.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Does this belong under Non-Standard Maps? I'm not seeing any signs of a proper gamemode, and I'm not watching a 50 minute video just to find out what this even is.
It's literally an ingame board for playing a real-life game of Clue/Cluedo.

(I watched the vid, was neat)

Sep 19, 2010
Yes, it does. When I posted the download and tagged it as "Other," I thought it'd be posted there. Could a staff member please move this thread to "Non-Standard Maps"? Thanks! :)

Dec 28, 2014
So Grizzly were you the only one in your video that had played Clue before? Everyone else seemed to be pretty unfamiliar with Clue.

RodionJenga

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
Yes I always spend my time in the most productive way possible

cluecards all.png

Had to swap two weapons out so everyone'd get one..

Attachments

• cluecards all.jpg
    cluecards all.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 292

Claw MacKain

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2017
Hey, Grizzly, how of curiosity is there a CFG file for this as the map seems to be labeled as "bg" meaning "boardgame", so I'm not sure if it'll play as it's supposed to with just the map file considering Slender maps need the Slender CFG to play those.

Sep 19, 2010
Hey, Grizzly, how of curiosity is there a CFG file for this as the map seems to be labeled as "bg" meaning "boardgame", so I'm not sure if it'll play as it's supposed to with just the map file considering Slender maps need the Slender CFG to play those.
All that is required is the map and a little imagination. :p

Claw MacKain

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2017
Huh, if that's all there is for it, it's a shame it doesn't work like how the video shows. I suppose someone could eventually make a CFG for the map to make it work in such a way.

RodionJenga

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
Huh, if that's all there is for it, it's a shame it doesn't work like how the video shows...
I think they're asking about the cards and notesheet showing up on the screen, which I'm sure was added in post to represent steam chat (?) messages and scratch paper respectively. Would be nice to have show up on a server but I have no idea where to even begin with that.

do you plan on making any other board game maps? like maybe perhaps risk?
Think about the diferences between those two gameboards. Risk would have to be either very abstract or involve days of displacement or vertex manipulation work. Getting armies to work with prop i/o would be ludicrous, leaving them out would be confusing. Conversely, Clue is practically designed on 64x64hu squares and works just fine with existing manor props.